• Category: Professional Courses

Why MBA - International business?

Interested in studying MBA-International business? Wondering about its scope and job opportunities? Check out this page for advice from experts.

I am a student of MBA. I want to know the advantages and disadvantages of International Business as a specialization with the following subjects;
    1. Export Import Management,
    2. India's Foreign Trade & Trade policy,
    3. International Business Environment & Strategy,
    4. International Marketing OR Sustainable Supply Chain Mgmt.

I want to know what could be the future opportunities after doing MBA-IB with above mentioned subjects. What would be job titles and fields I should be looking forward to?

As, I already know two foreign languages (French and Spanish). Would there be any opportunity in Outsourcing industry with the above specialization?

What would be the challenges to find the opportunity and how could I be able to overcome?
  • #142435

IB seems to be growing a lot in recent years. If you consider logistics, supply chain management, you'd find that a lot of people are into requirement for jobs from brands like FEDEX, Maersk, DHL and other companies. It seems the need for the cheaper logistics is growing and so do the requirement of managers in this field.

Due to globalization many brands are getting into Asian market, and testing that on India can be one good option. You can find that foreign policies make a lot of impact on the business, So the managers are meant to adapt to those. And then companies are expected to change strategies accordingly.

And based on that you can see these two subjects have a lot of demand. Rest of the other two are subset of the IB and are in demand based on per position requirement.

• #142515

The Master of International Business (M.I.B. or MIB) is a master's degree designed to develop the capabilities and resources of managers in the global economy. ... Thunderbird's program was referred to as a Master of International Management until 2000, when it adopted the MBA in Global Management denomination.
    International business refers to the commercial exchange of products and services among individuals and trading companies from different countries. The discipline provides an extensive understanding of international markets and managing cross-border transactions that support business development.

MBA in IB should have the following core papers:

1.Export & Import Management
    2.International Logistics
    3.International Finance
    4.Governments and Political Relations between nations
    5.Foreign Exchange
    6.International Marketing
    7.Business Laws
    8.Business Strategies by MNCs.