• Category: School Homework Help

Proof the Ohm’s law as per class 10

Want to prove Ohm's law? Searching for proof online? On this Ask Expert page you will get the answer you are looking for.

want Proof the Ohm's law as the per class 10.
    Statement of Ohm's Law:
    Ohm's law states that at a constant temperature, current 'I' through a conductor between two points is directly proportional to the potential difference or voltage 'V', across the two points. That is, this constant is called as the resistance (R) of the conductor.
  • #142431

Set up a circuit as in Fig., consisting of a nichrome wire XY of length, say 0.5 m, an
    ammeter, a voltmeter and four cells of 1.5 V each. (Nichrome is an alloy of nickel,
    chromium, manganese, and iron metals).
    First use only one cell as the source in the circuit. Note the reading in the ammeter I, for the current and the reading of the voltmeter V for the potential difference across the nichrome wire XY in the circuit.
    Next connect two cells in the circuit and note the respective readings of the ammeter and voltmeter for the values of current through the nichrome wire and potential difference across the nichrome wire.
    Repeat the above steps using three cells and then four cells in the circuit separately.
    Calculate the ratio of V to I for each pair of potential difference V and current I.
    In this activity, you will find that approximately the same value of V/I is obtained in each case. Thus the V-I graph is a straight line that passes through the origin of the graph Thus V/I is a constant ratio.
    The electric current flowing through a metallic wire is directly proportional to the potential difference V, across its ends provided its temperature remains the same. This is called Ohm's law. In other wordsV I ? ….(i)
    Or V I / constant ?
    = ROr V = IR …(ii)
    In equation (i) R is a constant for the given metallic wire at a given temperature and is
    called its resistance. It is the property of a conductor to resist the flow of charges through it. Its SI unit is ohm, represented by the Greek letter ? . According to Ohm's law.
    R = V/I …(iii)
    If the potential difference across the two ends of a conductor is 1 V and the current
    through it is 1A, then the resistance R , of the conductor is1? .
    That is, 1 ohm = 1volt
    1 ampere

Saket singh
    Everyday Learner

Delete Attachment

• #142473
    Ohms law states that current (I) across a conductor is directly proportional to the voltage (V) applied across it if temperature and other physical conditions remain same. So the famous ohms law says I = V/R where R is known as the electrical resistance of the conductor or simply as resistance.

To proof ohms law the basic premises is the flow of electrons in a conductor which is actually current (I) that we measure in an electric circuit. So when a voltage is applied across a conductor we are creating an electric field due to which the electrons move and depending upon there mobility they will acquire a drift velocity.

To understand the matter in a simplified way the current in the conductor is directly proportional to this drift velocity which in turn is proportional to the applied voltage across the conductor. These two things when combined give the relation that current (I) is proportional to the applied voltage (V).

If you want to see more on verification and proof of ohms law in details where all scientific notations are shown, I suggest you to visit -
    cdac.olabs.edu.in
    tutorialspoint.com
    winnerscience.com
    williamsoncentral.org

• #142512

Statement of Ohm's Law:

Delete Attachment