How to join BSc in Astrophysics

Planning to make a career in Astrophysics? Searching for details? Check out this page for resolution to your queries.

I have completed my 12th exams recently in Tamil Nadu and I want to do astrophysics in future. I want to know about the colleges providing Astrophysics in and near Madurai.
    Should I finish B.Sc in Physics before pursuing B.Sc in Astrophysics? Can you help me in realising my dream?
  • #142504

Madurai Kamaraj University, located in Madurai city (in southern Tamil Nadu, India) established in 1965.
    1.It has 18 Schools comprising 72 Departments.
    2.The Directorate of Distance Education of the University has a student strength of about 1.30 lakhs.
    3.The University has 109 affiliated Colleges (9 Autonomous) including other approved institutions.
    4.Total Fees 5,000 INR .The University offers Diploma course in the subject for a duration of 1 year.
    Address : Palkalai Nagar, Madurai, Tamil Nadu
    Country : India Established : 1965

• #142586
    There are some reputed colleges/institutes which offer B.Sc. in Astrophysics. The eligibility is generally at least 50% marks in class 12 with Physics and Mathematics as subjects. The criterion and admission mechanism differ from college to college.

The nearest institute/college near you is Institute of Fundamental Research, Ooty, Tamil Nadu.

Other colleges/institutes for B.Sc. in astrophysics are in Banglore, Pune, Hyderabad, Pilani etc.

You can find the details of admission procedures in internet by visiting the web sites of these colleges.

• #142648
    The candidates who have completed 10+2 course with physics, chemistry and mathematics from a recognized university are eligible for the course BSc in astrophysics. Admission is through entrance examination. Check for the courses in Astrophysics in Madurai Kamaraj University, for the course details, eligibility requirements, admission details ,fee structure, duration, syllabus etc.
    Wish you the best.