Confused between MBA and SSC CGL

Confused about your future? Looking out for which is better among MBA and SSC CGL? Find advice from experts on this page.

I will complete my BBA in June 2017.
    I am confused about what should I do: MBA or SSC CGL exam. I have not given CAT or any entrance exam for good MBA colleges. I am also not good in Math and that is why
    I am not sure about SSC. I visited one college for PGDM/MBA and the fees of that college is 9 lakh rupees.
    Do clarify my confusion.
  • #142686
    You have to decide yourself as opting for MBA is for furtherance of your academic career while appearing for SSC CGL examination is going for a choice of settling down in a Government job. CAT examination and SSC CGL examination are competitive examinations and have some similarity in the pattern. So prepare for both the examinations. As far as the admission for PGDM/MBA is concerned, you can try for it, if it is a reputed institute and also check for placement chances. In such cases, you can go for a student loan and no necessity for getting confused.
    Jagdish

• #142687
    I am firmly of the view that MBA and SSC CGL can't be compared. The first one is an academic degree while the second one is a competitive examination for Government job at middle level. It is upto your academic inclination, your financial background and your preparation level for SSC CGL to take a decision in this regard. If you are genuinely interested to pursue MBA, you must try to get admission in a really good b-school after clearing CAT or other entrance examination. I would advise you not to join any third-grade b-school mushrooming everywhere in India and waste your money, time and energy. If you want to appear in SSC CGL, don't appear for the sake of appearing. Prepare yourself thoroughly, participate in various mock tests, try to judge your position and then appear in the examination. Here your target should be to get selected for the Govt. job at the first attempt.

Take decision after introspection and thorough discussion with your parents and relatives. However, please remember that you can always appear for SSC CGL even while continuing your MBA. In that case, if you are selected, you have to discontinue your study or postpone your joining Govt. There is a provision of delaying joining the selected post upto one year.

• #142910
    Hi Sandeep,
    I do not understand your question at all? Why are you so much confused? MBA and SSC CGL are completely different thing. One is for further study which can increase your job chance.
    On the other hand SSC CGL is a central govt job exam, which is also very good.
    It is completely up to you. If you need job badly then you must sit for SSC CGL or any other govt job exam with full preparation. You have specified that you are not so good in mathematics. But for SSC CGL you must be stron g in english and Maths.
    If you have decided to study MBA or have an inclination towards management course then you must do it. Prepare for CAT or any management entrance exam, to rank good for admission in a good B-school. you can talk with your parents also as to do MBA you need a lot of money. But you can do it with taking educational loans from bank if your financial condition is not good.
    But do the right one which you want really. All the best for your future.