• Category: Engineering Jobs

What are the opportunities after M.Tech and how to select and grab one of those?

Wondering what to do after Master's? Looking out for guidance online? check out this page for suggestions from experts.

I've completed my engineering in Electronics & Telecommunication and now I'll complete my M.tech(Electronics) from a reputed institute in next two months. I don't have any placement offer in my hand till now and now there is almost negligible chance of placement from college. I see a very little opportunities in front of me and I'm confused with them as well.
    I wanted to ask: what are the good opportunities for me after completing my Masters? On what basis do I select one out of them? Everybody says do as per your interest but I don't know my interest. And when I select one how can I grab that one thing?
  • #142688
    There are various options for you Ms. Pooja.
    1. After completing your M.Tech, you can join in college as a Assistant professor. Many colleges are there and no good faculty. You can choose a good college and you can join.
    2. CSIR and UGC are offering very good amount as fellowship for doing your doctorate. You have to get qualified in the net exam. Then you can join under a good supervisor in any university.
    3. There are many good electronic industries in public sector. They regularly give advertisements in leading news papers for qualified people. You can watch and apply. Recently I have seen one advertisement from ECIl
    4. There are many research organisations like, DRDO, ISRO ETDC etc. They will also recruit engineers for their requirement through written test and interviews. No recommendations are required. Your performance will fetch you the job. One of my relative joined ISRO after M.Tech like this only.
    5. Finally there are many private industries appointing engineers with good salaries. You can go through naukari. com and timesjob.com. You will find number of posts.

If a have to make a decision my first option will be No:4. Then comes No:2.

• #142692
    You must be optimistic and then only you can choose a career path making your life sublime. There are a few options and if you seriously consider to choose them, you can go ahead. I am enlisting a few options for your consideration.
    1) If you have an inclination to go in teaching line in an Engineering - college, you have to appear in the NET test conducted by CBSE and held twice in a year. With the clearance of the test, you would get an opportunity for the Lecturership in a constituent college and later you can persue for the Doctorate - degree to make a permanent career in the teaching profession in a government - college.
    2) There are plenty of oppurtunities in the Research - sectors where bright young engineers are recruited as Scientists. Such established Institutions, to name a few are ISRO, Nuclear Corporation of India, Electronic Corporation of India, BRAC, DRDO etc. They conduct a written test followed by an Interview for the final recruitment of the deserving candidates.
    3) You may consider to join any one of the Public Undertakings such as DVC, BCCL, IOC, ONGC etc where you are likely to get additional incentives for your acquisition of M.Tech degree.
    4) You may even think of appearing in IAS examination if you want to continue Administrative - service. You will have to work hard in that direction and you may enrol in one of the coaching - institutes for your smooth - preparation.
    5) You may join some Coaching - institute where you can help young students for the preparation of Engineering competitive examination. They offer attractive packages to the deserving candidates.

• #142693
    Well you should have planned opportunities before selecting M.Tech. college. Most reputed colleges offer placements for M.Tech. as well. Now here are few things you can do.
    1. Prepare for Government exams like State level civil services and national level i.e. UPSC. State level you can get opportunities to work as electronics engineer for BSNL or might be different department.
    2. If you are idle sitting at home. Then start taking classes through institutes or private coaching. You will get some earning. In parallel you can prepare for Govt. exams.
    3. If possible then attempt for Ph.D. It will take time but benefits are more. You can easily get join any engineering college as Lecturer or Principal later.
    4. If you are interested in further studies then MS is only choice. You really have to be quick studying and clearing GRE for it. That is way you can enter into IT field.
    5. Getting in IT jobs will not be easy but you can give try by joining some IT institute which offer placements too. Learning JAVA, .NET programming language which has better opportunities.

• #142707
    The following are the areas for your job opportunities:
    1. Research and Development- You can further enhance you skills in research areas. You can choose to study further for doctoral course (Ph.D). You can also find jobs available in Research and Developmental organizations.

2.Educational Institutions: If you have passion for teaching then choose to become a tutor. You can take up the job of lecturer or professors in colleges and universities to teach undergraduates/postgraduates.

3. Public/ Private Sectors- There are jobs available in companies as engineers, supervisor, consultants, managers, in-charge head etc.

4. Entrepreneur- You can choose to have your own firm / establishment if you have an idea in the concerned field of yours. You can have consultancy/ electronic equipment departments/etc.

5. Corporate sectors - If you have skills in computer application then you can choose corporate firms for your career job. Along with you qualification in electronics and communication you have excellent job opportunities in corporate fields.

6. Defence - You can apply for air-force, army/ navy in electronics and communication and can choose a career in this sector. Find out the details from the websites.

Wishing you the Best!

• #144773
    I would like to tell you some basic jobs that you can take up after doing M. Tech.I have gone through the same phase.
    1) If you are interested in teaching do send your resume to every college in your proximity. Upload resume in every Career link of the college/University.
    2) Check job opportunity in the newspaper. Many colleges even take out walk in.
    3) Always keep an eye on the off campus placement in the colleges nearby. Generally, M. Tech candidates get a better salary package than B.Tech.
    4) If you are interested in studying further. Request you to please give UGC NET exam. By qualifying in JRF you can do PhD and get a good stipend.
    5) Try of IBPS and other Public sector unit exams. They also have handsome packages and good allowances.
    6) Get in touch with your siblings and peers who might be working. They can refer you in their company.
    Best of Luck