• Category: State Government

Can domicile certificate give eligibility for APPSC group 2 exam?

Have a query about APPSC exam? Searching for details online? find advice from experts on this page.

I am born in Andhra Pradesh. My mother finished her 12 years of education in Andhra Pradesh. My schooling and engineering was completed in Karnataka state.
    Can I get domicile certificate since I am a resident of Andhra Pradesh now?
    If yes, can I apply for a group 2 exam conducted by APPSC (Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission)?

Thank you.
  • #142843
    You can apply. But you will be treated as non-local.The place where you have studied from your 6th standard to +2, that place will become your native place. Basing on your mother place of study, she is local for Andhra Pradesh.

I have studied in Andhra Pradesh. I am a local of Andhra Pradesh. Later on, I settled in Hyderabad My both the sons studied in Hyderabad. They have become local of Telangana. But I am a settler in Telangana.