How to prepare for SSC CGL 2017 mathematics exam

Having trouble with finishing a math exam on time and weak in certain concepts? Quickly learn from experts to prepare well for SSC CGL 2017 mathematics exam

I am a student of B.Tech in the stream of computer science and want to prepare for the SSC CGL exam 2017. My general awareness part is fine but my mathematics concepts are weak and the speed of solving questions is also less. What should I do for enhancing my speed and to clear my older concepts?
  • #142800

You ask this question in ask expert section. Then only you will find good responses.
    The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

• #142801

The SSC CGL Math Tricks Shortcuts are
    Tier 1 Exam Topics
    Number System, Divisibility Test, LCM and HCF, Square and Square Root, Cube and Cube Root, Power, Indices and surds, simplification, Average, Age Determination, Ratio and Proportion, Mixture and Alligation,Partnership, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Discount, True Discount,Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Relation between C.I and S.I,
    Problems based on Installment,Time and work, work and wages, Pipe and Cistern, Time and Distance, Trains, Race and Games,Sequence and Series.

Tier 2 Exam topics
    Linear equation in two variables, Graphic representation of straight lines,Polynomials, Factorization of quadratic polynomials, Simplification of Fractions, Coordiate Geometry,
    Mensuration -1 ( Area and Perimeter 2 D), Mensuration -2 ( Area and Volume 3D), Algebraic identities, Lines, Triangles, Triplets, Quadrilaterals, Center of Triangles,
    Triangles, Congruence and similarity, Circles, Chords and Tangents, Trigonometric Ratios, Trigonometric identities, Maximum and Minimum Value of Trigonometric Functions,
    Trigonometry, Circular Measurement of Angles, Height and Distance, Data Interpretation (Tabulation, Line Graph, Bar Graph, Miscellaneous)
    Statistics (Mean, Mode, Median)

• #142805
    Firstly I don't suggest you opt for SSC CGL examination which caters for the recruitment of Accountants/UDC/Auditors etc., having done your B Tech in CSE. Why don't you try for other options with IT companies and PSUs?

Coming to your point of doubt as to how to prepare for the Mathematics paper in the SSC CGL examination. It should not be a difficult task for you being a graduate in Engineering and just you have practice the papers published in the competitive magazine like CSR and Competition Master. The syllabus was comprehensively mentioned in the response by Raja and no need to repeat again. The question forms part of Quantitative aptitude test in the Preliminary and mains examination and just go through the solved papers. it will surely help you. Speed and accuracy are the important elements for any competitive examination.

Jagdish

• #142829
    As you are a student from Engineering stream it is not a very tough job for you. All that you need is a proper planning.
    First of all, you need to know the exact syllabus of this particular exam and prepare according to them. In the prelims and Mains you have to answer MCQ type questions, but for that, you have to solve them quickly.
    You can follow some authentic text books of the concerned syllabus. You can follow some quicker math techniques to solve them fast.
    Follow some magazines like CSR which will help you a lot for this exam. Regular practising previous year papers or some mock papers will help you a lot for your upcoming CGL exam.

• #142847
    There are a lot of apps and websites available for such practices, daily practice a certain number of questions. It is good that you know your weak point. Keep practising, it will lead you to the perfection.
    I would want to suggest an Android application here named Gradeup, it's really good for practice and editors of this app are really hard working, they avail daily affairs and tips to boost your strength in each area of the exam. It gives a social media type environment. You can ask questions and get solutions, you can also help others. And the best thing this is absolutely free, just require an internet connection.