• Category: IT jobs

Where to stay in Bengaluru for IT job search?

Planning to shift to Bengaluru for searching an IT job? Wondering where to stay? Check out this page for suggestions and resolve your query.

I am from Bhopal. I will complete my MCA from a reputed college very soon. After completion, I am planning to move to Bangaluru for job search. I did my industrial training on Java and Spring Framework and MVC.
    I want to know the best places to stay for job search in Bengaluru. How to start searching jobs? What type of preparation should I do before starting job search?
    I want to know the places where I can find good PG's and hostels at affordable prices.
    I haven't been in Bangaluru ever. I don't have any idea about that city and how to start searching job there. I require a good expertise for my queries.
  • #142879
    In fact, Bengaluru is the right place to live in and searching a job in connection with IT industry. You may like the following places-
    1) Kormangala is the prime location and you may find plenty of PG accommodation where you can develop friendship with the new generation providing you suitable inputs in relation to your IT jobs.
    2) White - field is the another place where you can get locations of different IT industries and in case, you stay there in a PG Hostel, you will be coming across with people of different mind set up who will provide you relevant information.
    3) Maleswaram, Jainagar, RT Nagar are the places where you would get PG Hostels at cheap rates.
    Remain in touch with the employees of IT industries to in order to know the latest openings of the jobs in the IT industries.

• #142889
    When I went to Bangalore for job search. I made use of OLX and Quickr for real estate agents. And I explained them about wanting to rent space and told them about my budget etc. Usually such agents have their own flats or on commission basis. Most of the time they don't take commission from unemployed or the students. You may find some flat on shared basis. The price would be dependent on the region within Bangalore. Thee regions nearby IT park would be expensive. Overall rates are pretty much common all over. So when you are moving to any IT city, find the real estate agents first then also search for the good food canteen place. You need to tag with friends if possible in such case as that reduces overall cost.

• #142959
    Bangalore is a very big city with many PG's and hostels everywhere. Choosing a right place with pocket friendly accommodation is very important.
    Most common place with many PG facilities is BTM layout. Here you also see many north indians staying so you might get a good companion if you are struggling in your initial days. From BTM, you have buses to various areas of Bangalore like electronic city, Whitefield, Bellandur were many IT companies are located so giving interview in these areas becomes easier.
    You can also stay in koromanagala which is very close to Btm layout. Pg costs at these two places might start from RS 4500/-.
    Also Rajajinagar, Hebbal, jpnagar, Whitefield all have many of facilities. That accomodation charges for PG depends on the area.

• #143070
    I would suggest you to first find the suitable PG in either BTM or Koramangala where many north Indian used to stay and get assistance on company searching, interview detail, local consultancy and on. Once you got the accommodation and job, you may then move to a different rented home as per your convenient.

There are other places in Bangalore where north Indian used to stay and work, the place like Marathahalli or KR Puram which are nearest location to reach many IT / BPO / MNC companies around.

Hafeezur Rahman
    ISC Editor – Jobs