• Category: Tax Planning

Should I get PAN Card made for my minor daughter?

Have a query about PAN card? Wondering whether it is possible to make PAN card for a minor? Check out this page for response from experts.

My daughter is 16+ years old. She is a student and she doesn't have any independent income. However, she has a minor savings account and some FDs in her name. Some of my friends have suggested me to get a PAN Card made for my daughter. In this connection, I would like to know the following:-
    (a) Is it necessary to have PAN Card for my daughter, when she has no independent income?
    (b) Will not having PAN Card cause problem in withdrawing money (by her) from her savings account and FD accounts in future?
    (c) What are the documents required (for a minor without any income) to get a PAN Card?
    Kindly furnish point-wise reply.
  • #142902
    Nowadays employers ,especially the IT sector ask for PAN card compulsorily before even joining. On selection PAN card is one of the mandatory documents the candidates have to produce.
    I have faced some tense days in the case of my son. In our case there was some extra delay I the aftermath of demonetisation and people were crowding to get PAN. Then at last on the previous date of joining we got the PAN number. With that our son could upload the needed documents online. Otherwise there was an uncertainty of postponing his joining.

So apply for PAN card for your daughter as early as possible, even if she has no independent income now.

New guidelines mandate that Aadhaar has to be linked to PAN. That means you have to apply for Aadhaar card if not obtained already. Nowadays, let the youngsters have their Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Passport and Driving licence at the earliest date possible.
    The procedure for applying PAN card is available in one or two questions in the Ask Experts section itself. Hence I am not repeating it.

• #142918
    Now a days PAN card and Aadhaar card are very important for all. Your daughter is already 16+. She has a bank account and also FD. It is better you get them for her at the earliest. There is no much problem in applying for these cards. You can refer the sites concerned to Aadhaar card and PAN card. You will get all details.

• #142924
    People are getting PAN card even for their 2 year old kids. The reason being some of the investment schemes and nominee option require the child to have PAN and aadhar card. PAN has nothing to do with income. But it is means for tracking the transactions and the cashflow for IT dept. So even those who are staying home as housewife need to have PAN card as country goes more into digital transactions. Considering your daughter is already 15+, has bank account and FD. It is wise move to use her PAN and aadhar card for any future references and investments.

• #142925
    There is no restriction of age for PAN card or Aadhar card.

While giving the documents for making the PAN card for a minor, the address of parents is to be provided. Rest of the documents i.e. age proof etc are to be provided as per the individual.

You can apply for PAN card at the select centres in your city.

• #142928

Hi... greetings to you...
    Nice question you have asked dear partha kansabhnika.
    PAN card is very important to us in this present moment of time.there are some rules and regulations for PAN CARD.
    You can see that from your browser,and only 18+can be applicable to the PAN CARD.

Thank-you...

• #143062
    Those who have a good volume of hair can have two or more ties on head. Likewise, if any income is derivable in your daughter's name only you need to be have a PAN, otherwise needless. When we have no chance of going to any foreign countries, why should we apply for a passport. Similarly we should not insist for PAN for person without any taxable income and increase the level of PAN holders. But once we have any taxable income or income nearing the taxable income we should not hesitate to have a PAN and we should not avoid or evade tax on any occasion.

• #143080
    Nowadays PAN CARD is very important to us. there is no age restrictions for PAN CARD. you can always apply for the PAN CARD to your minor child.
    I hope now you are understand.
    Thank-you.

• #144252
    Nice query has been asked by you about getting/obtaining PAN card or not in case of minor child.

First of all i would like to tell you that it is not necessary to obtain PAN card in case of minor or in any other case in a general sense. Because there is no relation of PAN card with your income (i.e. up to not taxable income).

But in your query you told us that your daughter has some interest income from saving bank account as well as some FDs. In this case it is advisable to get the PAN card of your daughter. Because bank definitely deduct the tax at source on the FD's interest, in that case you will need to fill the form 15H or 15G for saving of tax which will be deducted by bank. In that case you will need the PAN card of your daughter (even she is minor)

Documents required for obtaining PAN card of minor has been given below:
    1. Date of birth proof
    2. Address proof
    3. Id proof
    4. Two photograph

However the address proof and id proof must be relates with minor's parents either of Mother or Father. In PAN form the signature will also done by one of above mentioned parents.
    Photograph will be appear only in PAN form but not in PAN card. "Minor" word would be appear in place of photograph in PAN card.

• #144412
    Yes sir! Now You can get PAN CARD for your minor daughter.