Age limit for LKG (CBSE) in Bengaluru schools

Unsure of the age eligibility criteria to get admission to LKG in a Bangalore CBSE school? Know from experts the age requirements and whether it will affect appearing for Std. X exam in future.

Can anyone let me know what is the age limit for LKG in Bangalore. My son was born in Dec 5, 2013.
    Now I put my son in LKG (CBSE). Will there be any problem in future age-wise, when he appears for the Class 10 examination?
  • #142961
    It is the correct time. There will not be any problem while writing 10th Examination. You son will complete his 15th year during his SSC, if I am not wrong. So the age is the correct age only.

• #142967
    The minimum age limit set for admission in lower kindergarten (LKG) is generally 3 years and 6 months and it (the age) should be completed on or before 31st May.

CBSE has not set any age limit for a student appearing in class Xth examination but it asks to fulfill the minimum and maximum age criteria set by State / Union Territory (UT) Government at the time of admission in Xth class. Usually this is 14-16 years. This may vary in different states as per the respective Statel Government's directive.