My question about admission procedure in engineering.

Want to Civil Engineering after being completed H.S Exam in West Bengal? Learn eligibility and counselling process from this page.

I am Md Abdul Mohit. I have completed H.S exam. I had sit WB JEXPO exam this year. The exam was held on 30th March, 2017. My rank is 13155 (Gen) and 504 (OBC). I want to read CIVIL engineering. May I able for counselling? How the counselling process will be? Thanks
  • #143190
    As you have obtained a rank in JEXPO so you are eligible for the counselling. You just have to collect all the formal documents and approach an allotted institution. Carry those documents to the institute where verification can be done and when verified you will receive a unique code confirming that you are verified.
    With the help of this code you have to start your counselling procedure.

Nowadays counselling is done online so you may do it straight from your home. There are 3 to 4 round of counselling. You have to start from the first round because attendance is must in this round otherwise candidature may be cancelled. Here you to fill the details and then choose your college where civil engineering is present. You may give more than one choices and depending on the rank and availability of seat you may get a seat.

Generally speaking that sometimes the seat in a particular college may not be obtained because of unavailability of seat or your rank. So for this reason you can attempt another round of counselling and hope that you can get a seat in desired college. Keep in mind that there are fix number of counselling rounds and you have to lock a seat within those round. There is one more thing that if you lock a seat in first round of counselling and pay some amount for admission procedure and due to some reason you want to change your college then you are free to do that. You have to sit in another round of counselling. But you have to keep this in mind that money paid is non refundable, so once given you have to take admission in any of the college.

I hope that you get a college of your desire and then study hard for success.