• Category: Finance and Banking Jobs

Can I give exam if I have entered wrong name in DSSSB exam form

Have a query about filling DSSSB exam form? Searching for a resolution on the web? Check out this page for responses from experts to your queries.

I have entered wrong name in DSSSB exam form which issued in 2013. Now the have issued notification for exam in coming month. What should I do now?? Will I be able to give exam?Can this issue be resolved by providing affidavit indicating the genuine name in the exam?
  • #143164
    Frankly speaking, you filled up the form in 2013. You did not make any attempt to correct the mistake for four long years. Then how do you expect that you would be able to get it corrected now, when the admit card for the examination has been dispatched? It depends upon the centre supervisor. If there is minor mistake in your name and if there is no photo mismatch, then the supervisor may allow you to appear in the examination using his/her discretionary power. But you have to keep your fingers crossed.

Please give proper importance and respect to the procedure. Don't expect appointment letter from Government with such half-hearted, casual approach. Sorry, if I have hurt you, but bitter truth must be stated.

• #144119
    As you have filled up the form quite a long time ago, I think it may not be changed now the exam date announced which is in coming moth. Hope that the dispatch process for the admit card also started. so, in this situation change in name may not be possible.
    So, better is do not think about it so much, rather concentrate on your studies for the exam. Although you do not have specified about the mistake and what mistake it is? If it is minor then the center in charge of the examination venue can resolves this. So, carry all the original proofs such as voter id, pan card, adhaar card etc. along with their photocopies with you when you are going for your exam. Also carry a self declaration written in your own hand and do not forget to sign it. Hope it will work for you.