Among the middle east countries, U.A.E is the cleanest nation. To be more precise, the emirate named 'Dubai' in U.A.E is the most cleanest place in the country. I have been staying in Dubai for years and I know how each one of us including expatriates keep the city clean.
1. The rule in Dubai is really strict. You will definitely be fined if you litter the public places. Bribery doesn't work their, hence people refrain from doing such nasty activities. No one would want to waste their hard earned money. Even spitting on roads was prohibited there. It is in fact a good move.
2. You will get to find dust bins in every nook and corner of the city. That too separate dustbins are kept for paper wastes, plastic wastes etc. You will not have to throw anything down in the road as in every five minutes you will find a garbage bin. Everyone their uses garbage bin. If you drop something from your car while driving and if my chance a police vehicle saws that, then you are fined. Police is everywhere and they have the latest cameras fixed too.
3. The municipality vehicles designed to carry trash from garbage bins, comes to our locality every morning and it takes all the waste from the trash bin, thus nothing is left there to rot. These vehicles then carry it to a far away designed area to dump it. This area is normally far from residential area and mostly is a deserted area.
4. Eating or drinking is strictly prohibited in public vehicles. This stops people from eating chewing gums and thus they do not get a chance to stick it on to the vehicles.
5. Every shopping mall, petrol pump, metro stations etc will have washrooms which are accessible 24 * 7. Hence it is easy for people. Urinating or excreting in un-designated facilities will again etch you fine.
6. Privates cars and vehicles has to be kept clean otherwise the municipality will fine you or the vehicle will be towed away. Public vehicles of-course are very neat and tidy.
7. Earlier people used to dry their clothes in the balcony but in between a rule came in where fine will be levied if clothes are put up in open areas. It destroys the beauty of the city hence the rule was implemented.
Each and every person residing in that country follows all these rules as everyone is afraid of the fines and also the city is so clean that you do not feel like littering it. By implementing strict rules and by imposing fines, our country can also be a clean nation.
"Do not give up, things might not favour you always"