After reading your post the first place that came into my mind is Kerala, God's own country. This state is filled with nature's beauty and includes hill stations, greenery, backwaters, forests, valleys etc. Here are a few to name.
1. Munnar: It is one of the most famous hill stations in Kerala and is known for tea plantations. It has a gorgeous landscape with green scenic beauty. The places to visit in Munnar are Devikulam, Mattupetty Dam, Eravikulam National Park, Pallivasal, Pothamedu Viewpoint, Attukal Waterfalls, TATA Tea Museum etc. There are three rivers, hence boating is possible. Munnar is known for the flower 'Neelakurinji' which blossoms only in 12 years. It is an amazing view.
2. Vagamon: It is another hill station in the state of Kerala. It is known for pine forests, waterfalls and lofty green mountains. Poonjar Palace, Meenachil River, Maramala Waterfalls, Illikal Peak etc are some of the best places near by.
3. Vythiri: It is a place where nature's beauty is at its best. The cascading Kabini River, green hills, landscapes etc add to the beauty of the place. Trekking, boating, rafting etc are the other activities Vythiri is famous for. Edakkal Caves near Vythiri is also a must visit. Stay in the Vythiri resort which has tree houses; you can feel the nature, noises of birds, sound of the river and the trees. A must visit it is. Vythiri is in Wayanad district which is famous for forest and hair pin roads. All together it will be an amazing experience.
4. Thekkady: This place helps you to know about the wild side of Kerala. Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary in Thekakdy is one of the most famous tourist spots. It is the home to many elephants. Trekking, elephant safari, boat cruise etc are the activities here. Kurisumala, Vandiperiyar and Ramakalmedu are some of the must visit places near by. The rolling green mountains along with the wildlife in Thekkady is mind blowing.
5. Alappuzha (Alleppey): Alappuzha is known as the 'Venice of the East'. This place is famous for its backwaters. You can experience house boat stay at the famous Punnamada Kayal (Lake). This place is know for fresh toddy shops and amazing Karimeen(fish) fry. You can also visit Kumarakom bird sanctuary which is near by.
"Do not give up, things might not favour you always"