Want to open a fair price shop in Assam

Interested in opening a fair price shop? Wondering how to go about it? On this Ask Expert page you can look out for answers to your question.

I want to open a fair price shop in Assam.
    How could I open it?
    What is the procedure to open a ration shop?
    I have passed 12th, am 24 years old and I am running a grocery shop just now.
  • #145370
    Yes you can open a fair price shop in Assam.Department of Food Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi and Consumer Affairs, Food and Civil Supplies under state governments issues instructions to appropriate authorities to ensure that each city, town and village has appropriate number of fair price shops in Assam. It is the responsibility of central and state governments to regulate functioning of public distribution shops. Further, Food Corporation of India (FCI) procures and maintains public distribution system.

Eligibility requirements to open PDS outlet in Assam are:
    >> You must be an Indian citizen and must have valid possession of the premises in the area where vacancy is notified.
    >> The proposed premises must have minimum these dimensions- length 5m, breadth 3m and height 3m.
    >> You must be financially sound and having sufficient finance in your hands and minimum bank balance of Rs. 50,000 till finalization of allotment process.
    >> Minimum educational qualification required is Class 10th.

As you have passed 12th, am 24 years old and I am running a grocery shop you are eligible for to open fair shop in assam