• Category: Engineering Jobs

Issue regarding applying for MTech with GATE score

Aspiring to study for MTech? Worried about GATE score eligibility? Find responses from experts on this page.

If, at present, I am doing a job in any oil company like Indian Oil or ONGC or HPCL through GATE score. After 2 years of work in that company, I look for doing M.Tech., what should I do? Do I have to give GATE exam for admission of M.Tech. again? Or there is possibility of getting admitted for M.Tech. by the reference of current company?
  • #143558
    Gate score is valid for three years now. So with the same score, you can pursue M.tech after serving for two years. But just getting an M.tech degree won't get you better paying jobs. I would merely use my GATE score to get into a company and try to remain there until I get a huge hike. If you left your job in pursuit of M.tech, you'll end up losing time, money and your present job. If you want to pursue M.tech while working, you can. But again, you are going to get hikes anyway, so why waste two years?
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

• #143566
    If you have a good GATE score then you can definately opt for Mtech degree in any good university that you desire. If you think that your score might not be enough to get into a good university then you can give the exam conducted by the university for MTech aspirants and get admission into it. Reappearing for the GATE exam is also worth a try.

• #143588
    There exists an alternative rout to secure admission in M.Tech in a reputed Institution like IIT, NIT etc without having a valid GATE score if you have rendered your job in the same organisation for three years and your employer is ready to release you for higher studies in M.Tech on sponsorship basis. Under that circumstances. You need to produce a letter of authority before the institute where in there is mention of your release on sponsorship basis for the continuation of studies for M.Tech.
    The other way would be to apply in some good Institution imparting M.Tech on the basis of GATE score since GATE score remains valid for three years.