MSc Mathematics from Kuvempu University through distance mode

Interested in studying MSc Maths? Looking out for details of admission in distance mode? Read this page and resolve your doubts.

I need some information about the Msc Mathematics offered by Kuvempu University through distance mode.

Is anyone done the MSc Mathematics from Kuvempu University through distance mode?

It would be a great if anyone responds.
  • #143564

Distance education has become a new trend in our education system and it is advised that though it may be of less value compared to traditional method it is worth a chance that you atleast try it.
    The filled-in application ought to be submitted to the Directorate at the latest the last date determined in the affirmation notice.

The Application Form and Prospectus can be acquired from the Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Kuvempu University, Shankaraghatta - 577 451, either by post or face to face or from the Approved Study Centers on installment of the required expenses.

When it comes to quality of the education it will entirely depend on you as to how you understand the subject in distance learning as distance mode of education will bring you an entirely different mode of education platform.

• #143589
    (I) Kuvempu University has been established in 1987 in Karnataka.

(II) The University and the courses offered by the Directorate of Distance Education (DDE) of this University are approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC).

(III) The course content of M.Sc. (Mathematics) offered by the DDE of Kuvempu University is as under:-
    (A)Previous Year:
    1. Algebra
    2. Analysis - I
    3. Analysis - II
    4. Differential Equations
    (B) Final Year:
    5. Complex Analysis
    6. Topology
    7. Measure Theory and Functional Analysis
    8. Numerical Analysis
    (Each paper is of 100 marks of which 30 marks is for Internal Assessment and 70 for Theory.)

(IV) No, I have not done my M.Sc. (Mathematics) from DDE of Kuvempu University, Karnataka.

• #143713
    First thank you for asking a nice question. But I am not from the specified university. You can go to the website of concerned university and go through the syllabus, fees structure, exam pattern etc. Choose a nearest study center for your benefit.
    Now a day distance education is a very popular mode of learning. But my advice is to do your MSc in direct mode if possible. As Mathematics is a very tough subject and as you are doing masters so doing it in classroom mode will be more beneficial for you.