• Category: Finance and Banking Jobs

Query regarding investment banking

Aspiring to make a career in investment banking? Looking out for tips and suggestions? Here, you can go through answers from experts which may help you to build your career.

I am a newly qualified Chartered Accountant. I am interested in Capital Market and Investment Banking and want to pursue it as my career.
    Following are my queries:
    1) Should I pursue MBA (Finance) from top colleges or purse CFA. I have heard from some people that if you want to get into Investment Banking in India then you should have a MBA degree from top B-School.
    2) CFA will be more beneficial if you want to work abroad. In India, Companies tend to hire a MBA instead of a CFA. Heard that CFA is not widely recognised in India. Is it true?.
    3) What kind of Job Profile can I get with CA+MBA (Finance)?
    4) I guess it will be much better to purse MBA now and then to clear the CFA levels while doing the job. Is tat correct?
  • #145205
    Investment bank is typically a private company that provides various financial-related and other services to individuals, corporations, and governments such as raising financial capital by underwriting for this they need investment bankers.
    As you are newly qualified Chartered Accountant. I am interested in Capital Market and Investment Banking and want to pursue it as your career.
    >> Yes you should pursue MBA (Finance) from top colleges or purse CFA whatever you more like.Both have good career options. For entry-level investment banking analyst positions require only a bachelor's degree, many investment bankers pursue graduate degrees. Master of Business Administration degrees (MBAs) are most common among investment bankers, but other graduate degrees, like law degrees, can be useful as well.You are both eligible for inverstment banking if you done MBA or CFA
    >> CFA will be more beneficial if you want to work abroad and In India companies tend to hire a MBA instead of a CFA. Yes it is true