• Category: Other Jobs

Valid certificates for Central Government job during verification process

Going to take up a government job but do not have all the requisite certificates? Know from the expert responses below if this would create an issue for the document verification process & how to resolve it to be eligible to take up the job.

I have been recently selected for a Central Govt job. I don't have valid 12th std mark sheet certificate and individual college semester mark sheets. However, I have a 10th certificate, 12th attested copy mark sheet from the govt school HOD, college degree and overall mark sheet. Can I join without any issue? Would the certificates I have be sufficient for the document verification process? If not, what should I do to join?
  • #143719
    Your 10th certificate gives authentication about your Date of Birth. But what is the requirement for the job you got selected? Is it 10th class or 12th standard. What happened to your inter original certificate? If the required qualification for the post you got selected is 10th, they may not insist on 12 th certificate. If the required qualification is 12th means, they may insist you to submit 12th original certificate. Did you get original from college? if you have not obtained from college, go and obtain immediately. If you lost it you have to apply for duplicate certificate. You have to approach the college principal and explain him the problem, Once you apply get an acknowledgment from college. produce that for verification and ask for some time to submit original certificate. You should act fast. You can't delay the matter. If you have given more information, I might have clarified in a more detailed way.

• #143721
    Thanks a lot for your immediate response. The qualification for which I have been selected is B-Tech (Engineering). I have engineering overall mark sheet which contains semester wise grade.However, i don't have individual semester wise mark sheet and 12th std certificate. But I have transfer certificate from engineering college, degree certificate of particular engineering course, 10th std certificate.

• #143722
    I lost my 10 th and `12 th std certificate. I applied it back and got my duplicate copy of 10th. However, iam yet to receive my 12th standard certificate.

• #143723
    My answer to your question:-

(a) What is the eligibility criterion of the Govt. job where you have been selected? If it is Xth, you will have no problem. If it X+II, then you will have problem. But the solution is to produce Graduation certificate in that case.
    (b) The essential documents which are generally required for Government job are as under:-
    I) Birth Certificate (for Date of Birth)
    II) Xth Certificate (for Date of Birth and parents' name verification)
    III) Graduation Certificate
    IV) Reserved Category Certificate, if applicable
    V) ex-Serviceman Discharge Order, if applicable
    VI) AADHAR card
    (c) Generally X+II certificate is not required, if Graduation certificate is available. However, I would advise you to carry the copy of proof of your application for duplicate certificate, at the time of document verification. If even it is not available, then you can apply again, and take the receipt of the same as an evidence.

• #143725
    Thanks, Partha Sir. I have the application for a duplicate certificate. I 'll carry as per your suggestion, I am yet to receive from the government.

• #143734
    At the time of verification all the original certificates of your qualification as per eligibility criterion are required. However for record shake you should take all your credentials. Your proof of identity and address proof will be handy and for this purpose Aadhar card is sufficient.

If you have not got Aadhar card then take your driving license or voters card. It is always better to keep these things at the time of verification. Regarding your originals which you have yet to receive you give either an application for exemption to produce them later or submit the copy if you have retained with you before you lost the original.