Which mobile app should I use to upload videos on Youtube

Interested in uploading videos on youtube? Looking out for the procedure to do so? Check out this page and answer your queries on this Ask Expert page.

I want to upload videos on Youtube for different education topics of science and mathematics. I want to know which app should I use to upload video on Youtube. Should I edit the video before upload? Which app should I use to edit?
    Can you give detailed set of steps to upload a video on Youtube?
  • #143917
    My suggestion is as follows.

1. Avoid taking videos using phone, especially the vertical or portrait mode. You should hold the mobile horizontal landscape mode and take videos. This way YouTube videos won't have black bars on both sides.

2. Instead of uploading from the mobile itself, do some editing. For adding captions and the pointers in the video.

3. You can make use of the Camtasia studio editor which can add some good options into the video and it can export to the MP4 format. You can also use Vegas Video but it'd be expensive. So I'd recommend the going with camtasia.

4. You can use creator studio app or Youtube app itself for uploading from mobile. But not recommended unless you're editing. Because phone increases the raw footage video format size.

• #144228
    Here is the complete procedure to get started.

First Step
    1. Login to YouTube official website.

2. On the right panel, you'll see your profile icon or image. Click on that to expand.

3. Click or chose the desired account and proceed to creator studio.

4. Under the tab of your dashboard, click on advanced settings.

5. You will be redirected to YouTube profile.

6. You'll see a link called "Verify"

7. Click the verify link.

8. Chose the location and input your mobile no.

9. You will receive an incoming call or SMS with six digit verification code.

10. In the next page, you'll be asked to put the confirmation code. Input it and you're done.

Please note, this process is mandatory. You won't be able to edit your videos or thumbnail if you fail to complete the above process.

Second Step
    The second step is quite simple.

1. Download YouTube or Update YouTube app from iOS Apple Store or Play Store.

2. Download Creator Studio.

I recommend downloading creator studio app because you will have access to all the features in Desktop app version. One can edit videos with creator studio, edit thumbnail, add video description, add video tags and a lot more. You can also estimate your earnings, traffics like views and communities engaged in your video contents.

3. Download Power director if you did like to edit video pro.

4. You can upload videos from YouTube app itself. Click on the Video camera icon, add description, crop or edit video from the YouTube app itself.

That's all.

Be the Hero of the zero hour!