Regarding ODL / Distance degree

Confused about ODL / Distance degree you have done in JNU Jaipur? Not sure whether this course is accepted by QATAR embassy or not ? Clear your confusion here from the answers given.

Sir / Madam
    I have completed my MBA in fire protection and safety management degree though ODL / Distance mode in the year 2015 from Jaipur National University Jaipur. Please let me know is my degree recognized and get attested in QATAR embassy or not ?
  • #143986
    As per the recent rule by court its a very lengthy procedure regarding ODL/ distance education. According to the rule of QATAR attestation certain verification must be done.
    1) Authenticity of the ODL certificate.
    2) Study system whether its full time or part time course.
    3) Venue of study and examination.
    4) Degree that your honored.
    5) Duration of the course.
    6) Duration you spent to have certificate.
    7) Academy affiliated to government or private.
    You need all these documents to get attested. First it has to be attested by the notary and home department which has to be followed by MEA[ Ministry of External Affairs] then it has to signed by the QATAR embassy.
    Hopefully its a lengthy procedure as per my knowledge.

• #143996
    Mr gsadhiks has already provided some details regarding the legal side and requirement of Qatar embassy.

Now I want to add that the Jaipur National University and many such others in India provide distance learning for various subjects. Some of these universities are permitted by UGC to do so after they submit certain affidavits and details to UGC. Fortunately Jaipur National University falls in the list of permitted ones specially for the year you have mentioned.

What I will advice is you can take a copy of the authorisation by UGC for the relevant year with you and I feel it will help you.

This is available in UGC site and I am giving the site address as below for your reference -

www.ugc.ac.in

• #144335
    Jaipur National University was established in alliance with the Government of Rajasthan in the year 2007. This University was acknowledged and awarded approval by the expert panel of UGC members under clause 2 (f) of the UGC Act, 1956 in 2008. The School of Distance Education and Learning of the University is also recognised from UGC-DEB and AICTE for the courses offered by the university. So, your MBA degree from this university is a valid degree.

In view of above, if you present original registration, marksheet and certificate to the Indian Embassy at Quatar, the Embassy official will definitely attest the certificates.