Information about the entrance exams of banaras Hindu university

Having doubt whether you will get admission in BHU main campus after scoring 254 marks in entrance exam? Know here all the related information.

I scored 254 marks in BHU B.Com honors entrance and my overall rank is 599 (general category). Will I get admission in main campus ? Please help! I'm really worried about it. And if not, then can I get admission in atleast any affiliated college of Banaras Hindu University ?
  • #143992

Admission to B Com (Hon) in BHU is done through UET (undergraduate entrance test) in which as per your details you have already qualified and your rank is 599.

Now in the main campus of BHU the seats for B Com (Hon) are only around 230 so your chances of securing a seat there are not very prospective but if we look upon total seats including all the affiliated colleges it is somwhere between 550 to 600. So you have a close ranking and you should attend the counselling and try to get admission in one of the colleges.

Please remember many students apply at various places and join one out of them and your chances could be more in such situations.

The actual situation will be clear after counselling and anouncement of the list. Many times student on the top of waiting list get admission as some students in main list do not turn up. So continue your pursuits with hope.

All the best.

• #143997

BHU University eligibility criteria for B.com
    1) Candidates must be passed 10+2 examination with commerce Economics, Mathematics, computer science , financial market management, vocational courses (commerce stream) as one of the main subjects.
    2) Candidates must have scored at least 50 % percentage aggregate of all the subjects.
    The remaining eligibility is for OBC and SC/ST.
    Suppose if you don't get admission in this college there wide opening in other collages also. Surely you will get through.