• Category: Technology

How to use the second space feature in a smart phone?

Have a query about smartphones features? Want to know more about the second space feature? Here, on this page you will get an idea about how to use this feature effectively.

Having purchased a mobile phone just a year ago, I am still discovering new features and trying to understand how to use them. I came across something called second space when a message popped up on the screen and when I clicked on it, an icon of it appeared on the home screen.

My query:
    Is it a back-up for already stored data, photos, etc
    OR
    Is it that only when I switch to it, then, from that point on, fresh data, photos, etc will get stored there?

Also, if I switch back, then what happens to all that is there in the second space storage?

Can you clear my doubts and also explain how to use this second space effectively?
  • #144091
    Second space is one of the features on some of the smart phones. This is a feature makes you to have two separated systems and settings in a single phone. What I understand from this is having only one phone physically but virtually having two smartphones.
    How to enable this system and how to use this feature varies from phone to phone. Generally these details will be available in the literature given with the smartphone when we have purchased. We have to enable it as per the procedure given there.

• #144142
    Think of second space as another room inside your house. Both room looks the same but one is empty and another is default. So you add elements in empty room and use it. Most of the people make use of the second space to protect their data.

Here's how you can use the second space feature.

1. Go to Settings icon inside your phone.
    2. Go to second space option at the bottom in "system and device".
    3. Tap on "set" button.
    4. Set the password for the second space.
    5. You can import apps, images, files into second space.
    6. Tap on done for finishing the action.

After you are finished with the setup. You can access the second space from the notification options. Swipe down the notifications. And then tap on second space option. Confirm password and access the second space as you normally access the device.

• #144145
    Using the Second space in the mobile is just like using the computer or the laptop with a different user login. You get to use the smart phone with two logins. You also get to organize and separate your personal and professional messages this way. The second space is also managed to keep it away from regular intruders and peeping friends. The settings, photos, messages of the first space remains intact right where you had stored them and you can access them whenever you switch over to it again.