• Category: Exam Questions

CBSE Board Examination age limit

Have a query about board exam age limit? Searching for details of the age limit ? On this Ask Expert page read the responses from experts and resolve your query.

I would like to know that:
    My daughter's date of birth is 01.10.2004 and now she is studying 9th std and next year (2018) she can write her board examination.
    This year registration is going on and one of the teacher says that she is less than 13 years on 01.09.2017.
    How can I know the age eligibility for Board exam?
  • #144309
    The student has to complete 15 years for appearing board exam. I think your daughter may fall short of about 6 months. But I understand they will exempt students once they complete 14 years . you have to approach the School Head Master. Generally they will take a letter from you and send it to the board recommending exemption as a special case. The school incharge will definitely knows the procedure. You better approach immediately the Headmaster and he will do the needful.

• #144340
    The question has been discussed in this platform time and again. If your daughter is above 14 years age before the CBSE Xth standard examination in which she is planning to appear, she is eligible. As per the given information, your daughter will be eligible for CBSE Xth Standard Examination in 2019, at the earliest.