Transfer from one job to another

Confused of choosing a job leaving present one without the approval of the present employer. Our experts will guide you the procedure in such scenario and check here to know about it.

Sir, I'm central government civilian employee, stenographer in air force. I am under probation probation period of 02 year and completed 1year 5 month in this service. Sir my question is that recently I applied in Rajya Sabha parliamentary reporter as well as SSC Stenographer Group B without any prior intimation to the immediate competent authority. These two exams which I have applied for are going to be held in the upcoming months and of higher grade pay. So, if I get selected what is the procedure to resign? Is there any procedure to resign and get another job if selected, without any NOC? Sir I got puzzled what to do?
  • #144490
    This thread can be shifted to Ask experts section as it is more apt in that section. I request editors to do that so somebody can help him out by their advice.

• #144491
    Thread is being shifted to AE section..
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

• #144492
    The author is on assumption and presumption. His sentence proves that " So, if I get selected what is the procedure to resign? Is there any procedure to resign and get another job if selected, without any NOC? ". By just writing exams and interviews, there cannot be assured job for the post as thought by the author. There are many steps to get an government employment to which it takes lots of time. Moreover as per author version he has another 7 months to complete the probation in present job and by the time if he is confident of getting selected in new jobs, then there is no issue at all. The author can buy time to join the new job if selected.

• #144532
    Generally when a government employee applies for a new job it is to be forwarded through proper channel. But you say you have directly applied directly. However you are in probation. So there may not be any problem. If you are getting selected ,they may ask you to obtain a no objection certificate. Then you have to get it from the present employer.

• #144536
    It is necessary that you have to apply through your present employer whenever you are applying for a job elsewhere. This way they will not have any procedural problem in giving NOC or any performance or character related certificate to that matter.

Anyway you have to request them for it and as you are in probation they may give the necessary NOC.

If you have not mentioned your present job in your application for your new job then you may not require any thing from the present employer and your old credentials will as well work for your new job.

• #144540
    When a person goes from one organisation to another there are certain formalities which are to be taken care. It appears you have directly applied in another one without informing the present one.
    Anyway you can explain to the authorities here regarding the situation and convince them about your clear intentions beforehand so that when you approach them for NOC there should not be any problem raised by them.

• #144578
    Thx u so much for ur satisfactory reply......thq q so much sr

• #144877
    It is totally wrong to apply for a new Job before getting NOC from the previous employer if you are a government servant. I request you to please don't do such an activity in future.
    They might not need an NOC when you go for a written test but certainly they require NOC when you go the interview. If you don't provide it you will be rejected.

• #145035
    As you have said that you are central government civilian employee, stenographer in air force. I am under probation probation period of 02 year and completed 1year 5 month in this service.As you have said that you have applied in Rajya Sabha parliamentary reporter as well as SSC Stenographer Group B without any prior intimation to the immediate competent authority. You will not benefits of previous job as you have not give intimation to the immediate competent authority or you have not applied through the department so you will not get benifits of previous service. So you don't need to take NOC from the department you have to leave the job if any of the joining comes. They takes a declaration form that you are not doing any job at that time.