• Category: Science and Technology

How to connect smartphone to TV

Want to connect your Android 4G smartphone to the television to view online videos? Learn from experts if this is possible and the method to do so.

Nowadays, almost everyone has smartphone and Television in his home and trend of online web series is increasing day by day. This development led to a question in my mind which I am asking. I have a 4G smartphone and wish to connect it to my TV to see online videos but do not know the procedure to connect. Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to connect my Android 4G phone to the TV?
  • #145325
    MHL/SlimPort (via Micro-USB) or Micro-HDMI cable if supported can be used to connect your android phone to TV . You can also connect your screen using Miracast or Chromecast wirelessly. An adaptor is required if your TV doesn't support MHL or you have a SlimPort device. If you're using MHL it's likely you'll need an external power source: MHL 3 can draw up to 10 watts from its host device.
    With SlimPort no external power supply is needed. It draws a small amount of power from your device.

• #145340
    You want to connect your Android 4G smartphone to the television to view online videos, For this you need MHL/SlimPort (via Micro-USB) or Micro-HDMI cable to connect. Nearly all smartphones and tablets can plug into an HDMI-ready TV. One side of cable end plugs into your phone or tablet and the other side of cable plugs into the HDMI port on your TV. Once your device is connected you will display on your phone will also show up on your TV.

• #146584
    Viewing your phone, tablet or laptop on a larger TV screen is usually called screen mirroring or screen casting. Most Samsung smartphones or tablets incorporate a feature that you can use to connect. Depending on the model of your phone, this will either be called Screen Mirroring, Smart View or Quick Connect. You will be able to find these in Settings or in the pull down menu. If your device does not support screen mirroring with your TV, you can try using a third-party app to enable your device to connect to your TV. you can try using an HDMI cable, or you can buy a streaming device such as an Amazon Firestick, or Google Chromecast. Check out Miracast, which lets you stream your stuff with your home Wi-Fi. It's compatible with Windows Phone and Androids with 4.2 Jelly Bean or later, although not all Android devices can mirror your mobile screen via Miracast. Newer phones like the LG G5 can do the job.