• Category: Cricket

Selection process for Ranji trophy

Are you interested to know the procedure for getting selected for Ranji Trophy at state level? Go through the suggestions below made by our experts.

Hi Sir,
    I'm Mohammed Abbas from Mysuru district. I chosed my role as bowler during my school days because our school physical teacher said me that i was best in bowling. Iused to perform well in the KSCA school matches. I'm going to training session daily, but finding hard to know how to get selected in Karnataka team. I really have passion for this sport and want to be a part of it. I don't have anyone who can help me out with the details to get selected in Karnataka Team. And how to reach till there sir
    Thank You sir.
  • #145835
    You have to play in district level matches. you have to participate in various competitions conduct by colleges and universities. Once you do a better job in these matches, you will get selected for interuniversity matches. Again you have to work hard and show your capacity in these matches. Generally, the selection committee members will be watching these matches. Once you catch their eye, it will become very easy for you to get selected for Ranji matches.
    They will be announcing the selection process for players. Once you apply for that with all your credentials, they may call you for selections. You have to play the matches there and attend the personal interview. you can get selected. Mainly all this selection process will give importance to merit also. However, in our country backside works like political recommendations and influences will work. But they can't ignore a candidate who is really worthy. So try maximum best and you will be successful.

• #145845
    As far as I understand the process of selection at the state-level, you have to start playing league cricket at Bengaluru. Although there is no hard and fast rule, selection for Ranji Trophy team is done from the first division players in the Bengaluru league. You have to contact first division clubs of Bengaluru, appear in selection trial of the team and join a team after signing contract. Contracts are generally valid for one year.

If you consistently perform well in league cricket at first division level, you can expect to get chance in Ranji Trophy team of Karnataka. So, you first step should be getting selected in a first division club and start playing league cricket.