SSC CGL eligibility and guidance and condition for filling up application form of the paper

Aspiring to sit for SSC CGL exam? Searching for the details of eligibility criteria? Check out this page for advice from experts to all your queries.

I have completed my 12th in the year 2015 with subject Physics, Chemistry, English, Hindi and Painting.
    I have got compartment in Maths and Painting. In the first compartment exam I unfortunately failed in Maths. So I decided to change my subject and give the compartment exam again but with Painting. I passed and now I am doing my graduation from a college.
    Can I give exam of SSC CGL after completing my graduation?
  • #145882

Yes, you can sit for your SSC CGL examination after completing the graduation course.
    The eligibility criteria for this exam:
    1. The candidate must within the age group of 18-32 years as on the date, given in the advertisement. Some age relaxation will be considered for reservation categories.
    2. The candidate should complete his/her Bachelor's degree in the concerned field.
    Once you fulfill these two conditions you can fill up the application online. The site it self will guide you to fill the application

• #145888

The educational eligibility of Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Examination is Graduation. There is no special requirement of subjects for this examination. So any Graduate can apply for SSC CGL examination provided he/she is within the maximum age limit. The age limit for candidates belonging to General Category is 18 to 32 years. The candidates belong to reserved categories get age reelaxation as per extant rules.

So, irrespective of your subject combination in your Graduation, you can appear in the SSC CGL examination provided you have obtained the degree from a University approved by the UGC and you are within the age limit. Your performance in the X+II level does not have any significance in determining your eligibility.