• Category: Science and Technology

Which college is best for PG

aspiring to study PG Geology? Searching for the best university to study further? Here, on this page find advice from experts and resolve your query and decide where to do PG.

I want to do MSc Geology. My graduation will be complete in 2018. Which university is best for me?
    May I choose a university according to a rating or a not?
    Would there be campus placement after MSc Geology? If, yes what is the best criteria for placement?
  • #145950
    There are many good colleges or universities for M Sc Geology in India and you can see as per your present location which suits you best.

In Mumbai and Pune areas some of the best colleges for this course are University of Mumbai, St Xaviers College, Mumbai and Fergusson College, Pune. In Northern side we have University of Lucknow, Lucknow, University of Delhi and Hans Raj College, New Delhi. In Southern side Presidency College, Chennai, University of Calicut, Calicut, Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, Annamalai University, Cuddalore, Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda and MG Science Institute, Ahmedabad are well reputed. IIT, Kharagpur and IIT, Bhubaneswar are also top institute in this respect.

The campus recruitment is not a continuous process and depending on the demand many companies directly take from campus. In this respect please remember one thing that only top scoring students will get a chance in campus recruitment counselling. So if you get admission in some good college for your M Sc Geology try to be on the top positions in your batch. Naturally you will have to do a lot of hard work and study to out stand in your batch.
    Even if you do not get a chance in campus recruitment you can appear in the entrance examination for executive posts of PSUs like ONGC, Oil India, Coal India, GAIL etc. There are opportunities in private sector also and be in touch with job information in newspapers or internet. You can keep in touch with ISC job section also where you will get authentic information regarding upcoming jobs.

• #145971
    In India, Geology as a subject is being taught in all major universities of the country. As I am from Kolkata, I can state that the faculty of Presidency University, Jadavpur University and Ashutosh College (under University of Calcutta) are excellent. Every year, many students of these three institutions qualify prestigious Geologists' Examination conducted by UPSC. Many students from these institutions go for higher studies in Geology.

In every region of the country, there are many good universities teaching Geology. As for example, the faculties of Delhi University, University of Madras, University of Bombay and Dr. Hari Singh Gaur University, Sagar are also maintaining very high standard of teaching of this subject.

• #146052
    I would first suggest you complete your graduation first. After graduation think whether you want to do part time job and study along with it or take up the full-time course. As per my suggestion, you can work and take up MSc geology in any distance education university. But as per your query, you can do PG in Karnataka University Dharwad which is the best college in Karnataka. There you have the well-experienced professor and as well geology department for your practical view. That University conducts the full-time course. Even placement is better in that University. Suppose if your willing to continue for Ph.D. then you can do that also where you're having number professor guides.