• Category: Finance and Banking Jobs

Career guidance to get job in foreign banks

Interested in getting a job in foreign bank? Wondering what courses to study? Check out the listing on this page and decide your action plan to get this banking job.

I have completed my graduation in BTech CSE in 2017 and I want get a job in foreign banking sector. So are there any courses for me to learn? I am totally confused about my career. I am looking out for guidance.
  • #146068
    What I suggest you upload your biodata in nukari.com and mention in your profile about your intention to work in foreign banking sector. Keep on watching the site and if you find any suitable job in the site apply for that.
    There are many foreign banks which are having branches in India. To name a few, Standard Chartered Bank, ABN AMRO, CITY Bank etc. You can apply for those jobs and join in India in those banks and then try to fo for a job of that bank in the foreign country by opting for a transfer when a chance comes. There are many banks of India for which they have branches in other countries.One of my relatives joined SBI and after working for few years he has opted for a transfer to Dubai. He got transferred. So you can this option also.

• #146071
    The thread has not been reviewed by Editors yet. Readers are advised to use their best judgement before accessing this thread.
    This thread will be reviewed shortly.
    If you think this thread contain inappropriate content, please report to webmaster.
    To build a career in foreign banking You should pursue MBA Degree (Finance, International Business, Banking) or Diploma in Banking and Finance, Economics (Bachelor's and PG course). Financial certifications like Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Financial Risk Management (FRM), Professional Risk Manager (PRM).You can also try connecting to linkedin profile with people working in Foreign bank and stay upto date with job opportunities and other guidance tips. Upload your resume in job portals like naukri,monster,times jobs.

The following foreign banks provide services in India now

Citi Bank
    Standard Chartered Bank
    HSBC India:
    Deutsche Bank
    DBS Bank:
    Royal Bank of Scotland
    Doha Bank:
    Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait:
    Bank of America
    Barclays Bank

• #146079
    There is no hard and fast qualification or examination for working in foreign private banks (unlike public sector banks in India). I would suggest you to obtain a degree in MBA (Banking & Finance) or MBA (Finance) from a reputed institute. You will definitely get calls from reputed financial institutions or foreign banks. Otherwise, after obtaining MBA degree in Finance, you may start working in Financial sector or in Banks (may be public sector or Indian private) in India. After having valuable experience for 3-5 years, you can shift to a foreign bank at higher level.

• #146109
    There are two ways of entering in foreign bank jobs. First is apply in banking services examination and get a job in a bank like SBI which has branches in foreign countries. After that one can try for an abroad posting.

Second way is to keep a watch in job portals and newspapers where if any vacancy is advertised by the foreign banks like Citi Bank, Deutsche Bank, DBS Bank, Bank of America etc. These banks have their own system of recruitment.

• #146160
    This thread will be reviewed shortly.