• Category: Engineering Jobs

How to get a job as a fresher

Wondering how to get a job in the mechanical sector? Searching for advice on online for how to get industrial experience? On this Ask Expert page check out advice from experts and get inputs to prepare an action plan to get a job.

I have completed my graduation (B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering) in 2015. After that I am learning some design software related to mechanical engineering- Solidworks, Creo, Ansys, GD & T.
    Now I am looking for a job in related field but almost all industries want to 2 or more than that experience. I am a fresher. Where can I get experience? How to apply for a job in industries?
  • #146136
    There are many avenues for starting your career. Upload your biodata in naukri.com and times jobs portals. See all the newspapers daily. These days I am seeing many appointment columns even in local newspapers also. You see the websites of various industries and upload your resume there are also. I don't know where exactly you are staying. If you are in the urban area you can visit the nearby industrial estate where a number of workshops will be there. They may be employing people who are ready to work with their hands and payments may be a little less. But if you want some experience you can join there.

• #146142
    The first thing is to make a resume or curriculum vitae (CV) for your self. You will need a resume to approach people who are in a position to give you a job. This has to be the first thing you do.There are several sample fresher resume online, and you can model your own on any of these.
    There is no point in contacting recruiters if you can't leave your resume with them. If you don't have one, then write one now.
    finding your first job can be intimidating, and you want all the help you can get. Place call to all your friends and relatives, upload your resume in online job portal like Shine.com, Naukari.com. monster India it could help you out.

• #146150
    When you're fresher for more than 1 year. Then it's reasonable to get the job whichever comes first. The reason being more you wait for getting job the more issues you have to deal with later. As for getting jobs into the big companies. I'd suggest start small. And have some experience with the small scale companies. Those can be really helpful for you. And that can build the resume. So let's say you're mechanical engineer looking for the job in XYZ company. But that company is putting experienced hires. So you need to join small scale company with similar skills set requirement. And see if you can work there for 2 years at the most. That should help you establish the routine. And it can help build your resume. This advice remains common regardless of your branch.

When you don't get selected through campus interview the best option is to work with the small company. And from there you have to build your resume. That seems to be the pattern that works out for many among us. I think you should try the same as well.

• #146153
    What I will suggest is do not hesitate in joining even a small job as that will fetch you the most important thing that is experience. Please remember there is no substitute for experience.

Meanwhile you can try to find out good jobs from various portals and newspapers and apply there. In the interview you do not tell that you are unemployed. Just tell them that to use your education and gain experience you have joined whatever job was available.

The job position is not comfortable in the country. There is lot of rush for the available jobs. Still with sustained efforts one can get success.

• #146155
    I am also a mechanical faculty and working last 2 year in teaching field but this is not valid in industries.. they meant you are fresher ... now I want to join industries...suggest me ...????

• #146258
    You do not have to be disappointed. There are companies who look out for fresher's.

(1)The first thing you have to do is to prepare an appealing CV, include a work experience of 1 year or so, just to make the CV more attractive. As you have selected Mechanical field, experience will definitely have an added advantage. Keep the name of any company that you know or your family/friends know.

(2) Secondly create a profile in Linkedin and upload your CV. This will help the employers looking for fresher's to contact you. You can also add companies in the field to your list so that whenever there is a vacancy you will be updated.

(3) Another thing you can do is to upload your CV in Naukri.com, Monster.com and other job oriented sites.

(4) Also you can go to the individual company websites and apply through their career tab.

(5) If you are looking for a job outside the country, try checking online for the career websites in their country like Gulfjobs and Dubbizzle for UAE. Apply online, go visit companies and handover your CVs, attend walk-in-interviews and so on.

(6) Check with your classmates who have already got a job to let you know about any openings in their company.

Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"