• Category: Government

Query about government job in case of wrong DOB in documents

Is there a mismatch in details in any document? Worried about document verification for a government job and whether you can correct the mismatch after joining? Check out this page for advice from experts and resolve your query.

I am from Kerala. The DOB in all other documents except passport (10th, Identity card, Motor license, Aadhar, Pan card etc) is updated wrongly when I joined School. Now I am trying for a government job (UPSC, RRB, Kerala PSC, IBPS). I have already written some exams and am expecting to be in rank list. I am also awaiting to give some exams.
    I have updated DOB in all job applications and am thinking of correcting the date of birth in all documents.

My question is:
    If I correct the DOB in 10th certificate now, will that affect my chances of getting government job for which I have already applied/written (because the date in 10th certificate differs from job application)?
    I have heard about rejecting job application at the time of document verification due to inconsistent date of birth.
    or
    Is it better to be continue as is, and correct it after joining a government job? It seems government employees can correct DOB within 5 years of joining.

Is there any post where I need to submit birth certificate at the time of document verification?
  • #146213
    The best option is to wait till your screening, interview or over. If you are selected. Join the job and after getting confirmed there apply for DOB changing. The DOB what you have filled in your application should match with your SSC certificate. If it is different your candidature will be rejected. So you wait till you get the job and then go for corrections.