How to avoid black strips on both side when uploading videos on YouTube?

Want to avoid black strips during video uploads? Looking out for a solution to remove these strips or edit the videos before upload? On this page you can read the responses from experts and get a resolution to your query.

I regularly uploads videos in my YouTube channels. When I upload videos there are black strips on both the sides of the video. I tried hard and tried to edit by using different video editors but it failed.
    Can you guide me to avoid this black strip by step by step procedure?
    And how can I edit the videos before uploading?
  • #146227
    Black strips appear because you have used the Mobile or smartphone in vertical mode. Use it horizontal in landscape mode. Portrait mode is what causes those black strip. Hold the phone horizontally like you do while playing games such as angry birds. And then use the camera properly to take images. In this mode you may not have the black strips on your video. And that shows you how the video in HD or the high resolution would be accepted on youtube. If the youtube finds out any video in the portrait resolution. Then it is going to be making your video with those black strips.

• #146394

The black strips(bars) occur on youtube because of improper ratio. you can solve this problem without reuploading the video, If you want to solve this problem then choose the video you want to change and edit video then change aspect ratio from 4:3 letterboxing to 16:9 landscape. Record any video in a horizontal manner not in vertical so it gives much better at the cost of advantage.

• #146493
    Let me know how to change the ratio from 4:3 to 16:9. please provide step by step procedure. Thanks

• #151356

Hey guys, I've learnt Davinci Resolve Studio 14 on my own & created this Hindi tutorial for anyone not comfortable with English. Please check the video & share with your friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlvBymSG4f8

• #151503
    Black Stripes appears in video both side left and right because you haven't edited the video. I use Kine Master pro version in my Android mobile. We have to crop the videos to fit the full landscapes screen to get the best result. Secondly, we have to save the video in 1080p format to give the quality of our video HD. You can go for 360p, 480p, 720p only if you're creating a video to upload on YouTube.

Download the kine master or pro version. In free version, the water mark will be displayed on your video. Once you download the app, start and choose empty projects, browse the media video file you want to edit, select it, and once the video is on the editing layer, click the drop down option on the right panel by choosing the crop option. Adjust the ration by cropping on both side or that contains black stripes. Save the video and you're done.

Hackers never learns but always wins!

• #151594

Online working is going very well these days, so I think it is important to learn how we can earn more from YouTube channel and how we can remove these black strips from the sides of the video. Also, superior papers talk about this and give most important information related to this.