• Category: Homeopathy

Biochemic medicine for high liver enzymes

Suffering from high liver enzymes? Wondering about its root cause and whether it was due to intake of biochemic medicines for a long time? Here, on this page find medical advice for your queries.

I have been taking biochemic medicine for more than 5 years every day. It is called Bioplasma and sometime I use particular cell salts for recurring problems.
    My blood report showed that I have high liver enzymes. I don't drink. I wonder if I have done drug toxicity in my blood by taking all the 5 phos every day for very long time. I don't see any other cause that would have elevated the liver enzymes. What is your suggestion should I stop biochemic medicine?
  • #146302
    Elevated liver enzymes indicate inflammation or damage to cells in the liver. Inflamed or injured liver cells leak higher amounts of some specific chemicals, including liver enzymes, into the bloodstream. Because of this, elevated enzymes will come in blood report.
    Elevated liver enzymes will be discovered during routine blood testing. Liver enzyme levels are only mildly and temporarily elevated. Most of the time, elevated liver enzymes don't indicate andy chronic and serious liver problem. You can stop biochemie medicine for some time and then get the blood report again.
    Are you using the biochemie medicine under the supervision of a doctor or on your own.If you are using on your own please consult an MD general Physician and take his advise. If you are using the medicine as per the advice of a doctor tell him the problem and take his opinion. This will be the best course of action.

• #146303
    Bioplasma or cell salts are used widely to help in restoring function at the cellular level and hence people take it for a wide range of conditions including fatigue, stress, allergy, asthma and many others. The original cell salts are based on the studies by a German homeopath, Dr.W.Schuesler. The core 12 cell salts (phosphates, sulfates, chloride) are found in the cells of life forms, hence available like vitamins without any prescription.

Among the twelve salts sodium chloride and Sodium Sulfate both have high affinity for many organs including liver and pancreas. Both are supposed to improve liver function and drive out water. Sodium sulfate with other sulfates is often used as a laxative. There is some information that in general these products should not be used for more than 3 months without a break. You may need to give a break.

I would suggest that since these are like vitamins and supplements you can stop these for the time being. Consult a good Medical Gastroeneterologist who can assess you to look for causes of abnormal liver functions. The common cause seen are recent medications ( paracetamol, co-amoxiclav) or viral illness ( hepatitis A or B).
    I'm sure he or she also will advise a repeat liver function tests after 4-6 weeks.

It would come down to the advise of stopping these cell salts, ruling out treatable causes of abnormal liver enzymes and periodic review/monitoring of liver function.

• #146346
    Thank you for your valuable advice. I very much appreciate it.

• #146348
    Our body - system works in somewhat different ways. The responsibility of the liver is many fold, extracting the valuable nutrients and minerals from the food and the energies so produced is transmitted to different organs for efficient functioning of the entire body.
    Biolasma or cell salts are supposed to be tonics especially Kali - phos, Natrum - mur, Natrum - sulph, Mag - phos are quite benificial for strengthening the body cells. But it is not essential that all the 12 biochemic salts are needed at a time. The engymes of the livers SGOT and SGPT may react vigorously and these engymes may shoot up by way of unnessarily administration of such salts.
    You may discuss with your Homoeopathic - doctor and take his suggestion in this regard. Alternatively discontinue the same and after a month get your blood tested for the elevation of liver engine. It would restore to normalcy by that time.

• #146353
    Biochemical medicines are based on the effect of certain chemical salts or compounds on the body. This method of treatment resembles with homeopathy though there are subtle differences. While in homeopathy there are hundreds of medicines but in Biochemical it is limited to a combination of 12 salts only.

Anyway whether it is homeopathy or Biochemical, these are basically an alternative form of medicine system and their efficacy can not be claimed with certainty in all the cases.

You have to get all lever tests and take the opinion of the doctor on this.

Meanwhile there are certain things which a patient has to observe and that is basically managing ones food type. One must avoid or limit fatty, sugary, processed items, meat, spices, oil etc. At the same time take foods high in antioxidants, high in fiber, leafy green vegetables, etc. Drinking lot of water is also advisable.