Further studies after Diploma in Computer Science & Technology

Completed a Diploma in Computer Science & Technology and unsure of what to do next? Let experts guide you on your options.

I have completed Diploma in Computer Science & Technology in 2013. But now I want to continue my studies in Distance Education mode. Please help me which course will be better for me, other than doing B.Tech. Now I have work experience of about 4 years - should I do BBA and MBA?
  • #146455
    Normally after completing the Computer Science Technology course, the candidates are selected for fresher jobs in MNC companies and they will guide rightly as to what has to be further studied to make a career there after. Now a days one has to study as per the Industry requirements and not as per our wish or some ones advise on the matter. Never get confused and think too much on this. Additional qualification is always better but not at the cost of forgoing any new job that is chancing upon as luck. This is my sincere advise and rest depends on your intention and follow up.

• #146456
    I have three year industry experience in web development. So will BBA help me in my career?

• #146461
    After diploma in computer science and technology , candidates mostly decide to do a job. As if you wants to go for further studies after diploma in CS & Technology then pursue BCA( Bachelor of computer application) and then pursue MCA(Master of computer application) is best option because these streams are related to your course. You can take an admission in engineering field. You can also do BBA(Bachelor of Business Administration) and then MBA(Master of Business Administration) but its not related with computer science & technology course. If you cannot afford money of further studies then you might apply for a job but its hard to manage both things. In BBA stream, you can kearn about business and marketing research, management, business economics, finance and operation research.

• #146462
    you have completed your Diploma in computer course. If you want to continue your further studies you can opt for B C A. That is very relevant to your already acquired course. After completing that course you can go further to study MCA. You will have a better chance of getting a good job. You can join in any job even in a small company and while working there you can do your BCA in distance education mode. You will have experience also by the time you complete your BCA.

• #146473
    Since you have done Diploma in Computer - science, you can go ahead for the job in your related field. In fact, there are numerous short term certifications such as Java, Oracle, Linux, Software testing etc and these certification will certainly enhance your job employability in the IT field. Once you enter into your job, start preparing for AMIE since this course is at par with the syllabus being followed in BE computer - science. Moreover, this course can be persued in your convenient time and in either of the sections - section A or section B, papers can be cleared part wise without hampering your normal job- activities. Though the clearance of the course is time - consuming but with your own passion and interest, preparation can be shortened by appearing in both the sessions - May and November in a calendar year.
    With your accumulated work - experience and aquistion of AMIE qualification, your prospects in the job will widen.
    You can go in for BBA or MBA but not at this stage. It would be better to have a job first and then you may persue BBA through the distance mode and later MBA can be persued with the continuation of your job.

• #146477
    With your present qualification you can search a job by going through advertisement in newspaper or job portals in internet.
    Please refresh your course material as well as the new things added in the syllabus of your diploma course so that when you appear in interview you perform satisfactorily.

There is a verdict of supreme court telling that correspondence degrees are not valid so do not go for any such thing presently.

Getting a job and gathering experience is the best recourse you can go presently. Once you have enough experience in the job you can think for switching it for a better one.