• Category: Miscellaneous

Regarding cancellation of SBI Unnati credit card

Have a query about credit card cancellation? Looking out for the most effective method and procedure to carry out this cancellation? Here, on this Ask Expert page go through the answers from experts and decide further course of action.

I had received my SBI Unnati Credit Card on 16.9 17. But after receiving this card, when I read its literature thoroughly I noticed that so many charges they would deduct from my A/c which won't be beneficial for me.

Then I approached the branch for card cancellation. On 4.10.17 the card was given for cancellation and the concerned person told that the cancellation was given for processing. On 17.10.17 I was informed by SBI that after cancellation some statement will be issued as a proof of cancellation and an SMS will also be sent to my registered mobile no to this effect. On 21.10.17 I was informed by the SBI that the card had been cancelled. If I don't receive any statement or SMS to this effect within 1.11.17, then I should inform the branch.. But neither any statement came nor any SMS sent to my registered mobile no. As such I informed the concerned person of SBI.

But he, I think, intentionally did not receive my phone call and cut off the line. That means, I don't have any proof with me that the card has been cancelled. What should I do?

(1) Should I submit a written application with the branch with a receiving copy? And also submit the same to its controlling branch?
    (2) Should I go to consumer court for undue harassment regarding a credit card cancellation?
  • #146506
    You need not worry much about this. Already you have submitted the card to the bank. On 21.10.17 they informed you that the card is cancelled. Did they inform you orally or any SMS was sent? When you have submitted the card did you take any acknowledgement from them? You should have taken an acknowledgement from them. If you have not taken, better once go personally to the office where you have submitted your card and take an acknowledgement from them. That will act as a proof. When you go there make a new application in which you mention the whole issue clearly and take the acknowledgement on that. Then it will be with you as a proof and they will also expesite the process.

• #146556
    Since, you personally submitted the card at SBI for cancellation, you need not worry. Sometimes it happens that you may not get any SMS after the submission of the credit card.
    In this connection, it would be a safe step to submit a written application to the SBI officials indicating your submission of the credit card and your request to cancel the same. You may retain the receiving copy and such step will protect you from unnecessary harassment.