• Category: Opinion About

Can I visit Macau with ECR Indian passport

interested in visiting Macau? wondering whether it is possible to visit with ECR passport? On this page find information from experts for all your queries.

I am a dancer/choreographer and I want to visit Macau as I got some opportunities there but I have ECR Passport.
    Can I visit Macau with my ECR passport?
    Do I need visa for Macau?
    What all I can do to visit Macau?
    I am facing so many problems and I am so confused. Now I don't know what to do next.
  • #146615
    I think you can visit. There will not be any problem. Refer the following act for better clarification.
    As per the Emigration Act, 1983, Emigration Check Required (ECR) categories of Indian passport holders, require to obtain "Emigration Clearance" from the office of Protector of Emigrants (POE), Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs for going to following 18 countries.
    United Arab Emirates (UAE), The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, Malaysia, Libya, Jordan, Yemen, Sudan, Afghanistan, Indonesia, Syria, Lebanon, Thailand, Iraq (emigration banned).

The Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (Emigration Policy Division) is allowing ECR passport holders travelling abroad for purposes others than employment on the production of the valid passport, valid visa and return ticket at the immigration counters at international airports in India w.e.f. 1st October 2007.

• #146623
    A. If you are a dancer or a choreographer, you would have completed 10th Std? why still ECR stamp. Please check your educational certificate and then get your passport amended from ECR to ECNR status, this will avoid future confusions.
    B. For ECR passports, the customs and Immigration department will be more careful as these people usually visit other countries for work, hence you may have to stay a little longer at these counters. If the passport is valid, then there should not be any issues. Please be as truthful as possible regarding the purpose of visit and have documents and references to support it ( if you are called upon to perform, then have names and letters ). Recently Malaysia, Singapore and HongKong have tightened their visa and entry criteria to let in only genuine tourists into their countries.
    C.To visit Macau you need
    1. a valid passport with dates inclusive of your travel and return.
    2.your passport should have visa pages that are blank so that the Macau authorities can stamp it.
    3.You need to have valid air/flight tickets, valid and verifiable accommodation for the stay days inclusive
    4.enough money in hand that a tourist would need for the total number of days that you intend to stay ( there have been reports of people denied entry fro not having adequate money Macau Pataca-MOP or Hongkong dollars - HK).

D.Indian citizens do not need a visa for upto 30 days stay as tourists. You need to check and inform if you need a transit vias for other connections. For example if you are passing thorough HongKong (HK) you need a transit visa. The problem come when you choose HK and decide to break the journey.
    1.If you do not break the journey and stay only the transit area in the HK airport, then you do not need a HK visa.
    2.If you decide to stop over in HK, you need a PAR online, Online Pre-Arrival Registration before you land in Hongkong on your forward or return journey. You can apply it online free of charge and the process does take a long time,there results are declared immediately. If your PAR for HK is approved, then print your own notification slip and display it at immigration control. If PAR not approved, then apply for a HK tourist visa via the regular route.

E.you can contact the embassy directly for any other clarification
    Macau Embassy in New Delhi -http://in.chineseembassy.org/eng/sgsw/t245896.htm
    Macau/Chinese embassy in Kolkata - http://kolkata.china-consulate.org/eng/
    Macau/Chinese embassy in Mumbai - http://mumbai.chineseconsulate.org/eng/

F.http://in.chineseembassy.org/eng/lssw/hzqz/t61663.htm- This page mentions that Indians to Macau do not need a visa for tour visits upto 30 days.

• #146633
    If your passport is endorsed with ECR it means you have to get emigration clearance required to visit certain countries.
    Macau has a different visa policy for different nations. Indians having valid passport are allowed to stay for 30 days in Macau without visa.
    If you are going for a short visit there is no problem otherwise you will have to take the Macau visa accordingly.
    If you have intention of settling there due to job opportunity then you will have to seek emigration clearance as well as Macau visa.

• #146636
    Can I visit Macau with ECR Indian passport - yes, you can. You can also change ECR to ECNR if you have passed 10th and on.

Do I need visa for Macau? - They have different list / rules for different countries. Indian can visit Macau without Visa by getting'Visit / Tourism' category if that country Sponsor has given the letter and other accommodation detail with the exact date etc. along with your valid passport, return air-ticket and reasonable economy status, or else you have to be a professional or frequent traveler (which Passport visa stamp will let them (emigration officer) realize to approve your entry on arrival).

What all I can do to visit Macau? It is one of the Tourist hotspot and you can enjoy as much recreation and entertainment over there. There are very few sponsors from Macau or in India who conduct the event of that country to enter, participate and write about it.

• #146645
    Many countries discourage outside people to come there and work and Macau is no exception.

First of all you please see whether as per your educational qualification the ECR/ ECNR endorsement is correctly reflecting in your passport or not. Generally high school qualification is the cut off for this.

Now if you are planning to go there for a short visit then for 30 days stay there is absolutely no visa requirement for Indians. If you have other plans then be honest and apply for visa to there office/ embassy as well as get the emigration clearance from Govt of India.