About NIELIT O level certificate

Planning to take up a government job? Want to know if NIELIT certificate is needed if the applicant is an engineering graduate? Here, on this page check out the advice from experts.

I have a query regarding NILIT O Level certificate. Is O Level certificate equivalent to B.Tech Computer Science Engineering?
    Because UP Government job requires this certificate but I have done B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering. Will I be eligible?
  • #146672
    If you are a B.Tech computer Science graduate you don't require NILIT O Level certificate. As far as I know, it is only for 10+2 qualified people who wanted to have their career in computer field. The students who completed B.Tech CS are more qualified than this certificate. So I don't think you need any additional certification of 0 level again.

• #146689
    NIELIT - National Institue of Electronics and Information Technology is more to accredit courses and students who have been in the non-formal sector of IT education and training. This applies to the student who has nonformal education/training in the IT related fields so that they are certified as on par with regular graduates. As far as my knowledge goes, if you have completed B.Tech computer science in a formal way and a regular course, then you need not apply for the NIELIT-O the foundation level. Please contact the relevant authorities of the job you are applying.