• Category: Programming

How to take input from user in HTML and then save it to Excel?

Confused of taking input in HTML format from user and saving it in Excel? our ISC wiz-kids would guide you here how to covert it into Excel format.

My requirement is below:

I want to write an HTML code which will accept the data from the user and append it to an Excel file. So every time I want to add a new row, I will just have to open that form and add the details which will append it to Excel format after submit.

1. The form is accepting First Name, Last Name, DOB, address, Mobile Number and few other fields which I plan to add later on

2. After hitting on "submit" button it should add the data to excel which I have on my desktop.

Since I am asking for the code maybe it should be enclosed in special tags so that it doesn't read your answer as HTML code and convert it.
  • #146830
    I have converted the html form to excel using VBScript for a project. As the script is a long code I cannot present it here. If I am not violating the rules, You can refer
    http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/88d8c0/store-html-form-to-excel-sheet-using-vb-script/ for getting an idea of the script and steps to implement it. Hope it will be useful.

• #146831
    I have used the same earlier before posting it here in Ask Expert , but it's not working. I have the same code.