• Category: Hardware

How to upgrade PC to play medium specification games

Interested in playing games on PC? Want to know about upgrading the PC to support these games? Here, on this page find suggestions from experts to your queries.

I have Windows 7 32 bit installed on my PC with Intel core 2 duo processor E7500 @ 2.94GHz, 2048 MB DDR3 RAM, 320GB 3G Hard drive, Intel GMA X4500 Graphics and PSU=180W.
    My budget is around 10,000. I want to upgrade my PC to play small games like Crysis 2, Assassins Creed 3. I have already played these games but they run on my PC in low configuration. Can I install any graphic card in my PC?
    All specifications about my motherboard are here :http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/specs-eton-1-0-foxconn/
    Can you advice?
  • #146799
    For all the details regarding to upgrade PC to paly medium specifications games you can refer the follwoing link. This site has given step by step procedure for thsi. Please try.

https://www.msi.com/blog/pc-gaming-101-how-to-upgrade-your-graphics-card

• #146801
    Presently you are using an integrated graphic card in your system which is not so good for gaming experience. This type of configuration shares some RAM with the computer and tries to optimise the sharing.

What is required is to replace it with a dedicated graphic card which uses separate RAM for its working and this gives better video buffering in the display of games.

The dedicated card can be connected in expansion slot in your computer motherboard like PCI Express or Accelerated Graphics Port.

These dedicated graphic cards are commonly called video cards also in the computer market.

You will have to take help of a professional for this upgrade as the new card will take power from the motherboard and system should be capable to deliver the power and also the new card is to be properly installed through settings in Windows 7. There may be cooling issues with this new configuration so instrument cooking fan is also to be checked.

• #146841
    Before changing cards, please assess the requirements, are you a serious gamer, do you need the highest quality video images? The you can decide on the new card.

Integrated graphic card are economical cards that shares the memory with the CPU (hence uses system memory). These cards consume less power and generate less heat. What you can do is try to turn down the graphics settings and see if the speed improves. Also close down background programs that you don't need to free up the space.

Discrete or dedicated graphics or stand alone cards has its own independent source of memory, its expensive and gets heated up soon. If you do go for these dedicated cards please ensure that you have a good laptop platform with cooling fans.
    Please check with a laptop service provider or a good computer peripherals vendor who can guide you based on your daily needs to choose the new card.