• Category: Computers

How to clear my arrears and get a degree from the Madras university?

Having a doubt about clearing the backlog in your Degree examination? Just check this page to know few suggestions from our experts.

I did my B.Sc Computer Science in Madras University in the year of 2010-2013and I have 24 arrears can I clear these arrears in upcoming semester of April and I want to a degree from Madras University and how can I apply my arrears and where I want to apply and when I will be going to write an exam. Is this possible?
  • #147037
    You can apply to Madras University. They will issue a notification regarding the examination. You have to respond to that advertisement. Alternatively, you can go to the college where you have studied and you can inquire there and forward your application. You can clear all subjects in one attempt as you have already completed your study in the college. It is possible you write the exams and clear your arrears and get the certificate from the university. But all depends on how well you will study and fare in the exams.

• #147057
    It is possible but you will have to apply to the college or university where ever you pursued this course. They will tell you how much fees you have to deposit and when you can appear in examination.

Meanwhile at your end you will have to study hard to clear those papers. You can even join some tutorials or coaching if you feel that you are not able to have the grip of subjects through individual study.

So approach the university only when you are ready from your side.

• #147064
    Madras University exams will be conducted either in Nov/Dec or April/May. Exam notification will appear in the Madras University website one month before the exam i.e by February. Madras university has a rule that the course should be completed within 5years. There are cases where you can go in person to the university and request them. If agreed, you have to look into the university website for notification, you have to pay the examination fees within the last date mentioned. For this, you can go to University, collect a challan, fill it with the subjects you appear and pay examination fees in the university bank itself. You can also pay fees via demand draft. You will be notified with the exam time table and hall ticket in the website. Prepare well before you appear for the exam. All the best!

• #147068
    You should have completed your course in 2013, you have arrears and now you want to appear for 2018.

You need to clarify with the university first whether you will be eligible for the next academic year to clear your arrears. Please write to the Madras University before planning anything.

Assistant Registrar - UG Examinations
    Madras University
    Chepauk, Chennai - 600005
    Phone: 044 - 2539 9580.
    If you live in Chennai, I would suggest, visit them and clarify in person. Regards

• #147069
    Earlier this year, there was a report that Madras university is limiting the time taken for students to complete their degree studies. A two year degree should be finished by 4 years and a three year degree should be finished by 5 years.

Delete Attachment

• #147070
    IMAGE SOURCE
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/madras-univ-degrees-must-be-completed-within-2-years-of-end-of-course-duration/articleshow/60027222.cms

• #147073
    You took admission for the session 2010-13. There was a backlog of 24 papers. After the session, more than 4 years have elapsed. In all probability, you will have to re-register yourself with the University (in this case, University of Madras) for obtaining the degree. Generally no University allows student to remain registered for a single course for more than 7 years (in your case, 2010 onwards).

I would advise you to contact the competent authority in the University and plan your future steps according to the University rule position regarding registration.

• #147075
    First thing you need to know about that you cannot keep the backlogs for more than 5 years because you'll deregistered from the college. You need to work hard with determinarion and strategy. If you have any doubt regarding any topic then we all have google. Use blogspot to learn any topic because many blogger post response which is in a easy language and with examples so its easy for you to understand any topic. When I'ed exam of BCA I used blogspot to learn any topics. Its possible to clear all arrears in one attempt. Every university have different rules and regulation for the same. You can apply to Madras university or either contact with the college staff and apply for that. They will notify you about the exam schedule. Stay connnected with juniors because you will have to appear with juniors at exam. Best of luck..

• #147234
    The thread has not been reviewed by Editors yet. Readers are advised to use their best judgement before accessing this thread.
    This thread will be reviewed shortly.
    If you think this thread contain inappropriate content, please report to webmaster.
    I am appreciating your interest in completing your degree. It is possible according to me. You are advised to approach University of Madras in person without any hesitation or second thought with all your relevant papers. If you have finished your course through a college, do not forget to obtain a transfer certificate from the college. If your are through distance education you have to go to the distance education department. It is better to contact the HOD of Computer Science Department in the university in person. It is good to approach in person rather writing letters to the University in this connection.