What is the value of PhD from Amity Noida?

Planning to study PhD in Amity? wondering whether it is recognised in India and abroad? Find advice from experts on this page for all your queries.

I got selected for PhD programme in Amity Noida to pursue PhD Environmental Science. should I take admission or not? Does this degree have value in India and abroad? Amity is a UGC recognised university. Will I be able to get job in any environment based companies or any institute as a lecturer after completing PhD from Amity?
  • #147295
    Getting a Ph.D. degree is a very pride thing especially your subject is the most wanted and required for the present situation in our country. I advise you to enroll for Ph. D programme. But before you do admission please knows the claws of the programme and even about the employment. As I know Amity university is very reputed university and UGC recognized. But you should know the claws of that university where everything will not be available in net. If you find everything is perfect as per your expectations then you can enroll. After you complete your degree definitely you will get a job here based on your subject because now there is a lot of awareness among people about environmental science.

• #147296
    Amity University is a recognised University and it is a private university having locations all over India in many places. The university is a well-recognised university and has good facilities for research work and higher studies. One of my friend who retired from DRDO is a pro-chancellor to one of its units. He was talking to me and told me that they are maintaining good standards and some of their scholars got good placements abroad. So don't waste an opportunity you got.Please join and pursue your doctorate course in environmental science there. You will get good opportunities once you get that doctorate degree from there.

• #147299
    Amity University, NOIDA is a full-fledged University (not a deemed University). It is a private University established under Uttar Pradesh Government Notification No. 403/VII-V-I-I (Ka) I. Amity University is listed in the official website of Government of Uttar Pradesh . This University has been recongnised by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
    As the University is recognised by the UGC, all the full-time degrees being issued by the University are valid. So, the PhD in Environmental Science is a valid degree, and after obtaining this degree, you would be able to apply for any position where this qualification is essential. For the position of lectureship in Environmental Science, this degree would be very helpful.

• #147301
    Amity University, Noida is a UGC approved and NAAC rated college. A Ph.D, from such a place, would add value to your CV. It's is ranked second in UP after IIT Kanpur.

https://collegedunia.com/university/54797-amity-university-noida/placement. If you scroll down the list of previous students, this college has a good placement rating (8-10). The college has a dedicated Amity Corporate Resource center that helps student placements. It has tie-ups with around 100 universities/laboratories around the world. The only point that stands out is the fee structure is higher than the other colleges.

This PhD would help for the lecturer post or a corporate Environmental consultant/ scientist/research expert etc.

• #147344
    Your point is not clear. You have not mentioned whether you got the selection through JRF selection process and you have opted for the Amity University. It is one of the reputed Private universities in India having the recognition by UGC. In fact, doing PhD in a reputed University is surely a moment of pride and don't hesitate to join the programme. In case, you get a better opportunity in other recognised Indian universities under the Fellowship programme, I seriously suggest you to have a second thought.
    Jagdish

• #147419
    Yes, Amity is a UGC(University Grants Commission) approved university. Yes Phd(Philosophy of Doctorate) degree is valid in india and abroad but doing it with Amity is not good decision because the amity faculty are not slope towards research. They do not encourage candidates specially to undergraduates to pursue research . In Phd, you need a proper guidance, lots of time in research things, every detail knowledge on humans what you'll not get through amity. For other stream amity is a great choice but their Phd programmes are not up to the rank. I suggest you to do it with any reputed college and recognized university such as IITs and IIT Bangalore. Watch reviews online and rank particular of IITs so you'll get an idea about which is best college for Phd.