Freelancing or paid content writing online is a decent online job which can earn you extra bucks along with your regular job. If you have good writing skills you can make lot out of it. But note that this requires lot of hard work, patience and dedication.
There are many freelancing sites that are available online. This very website which you have asked the question, IndiaStudyChannel is one of them. If you are looking for other alternatives, there are other freelancing sites which hire content writers and pay them for articles. The amount you get paid depends on the individual who hires you. Also remember that many of these sites are platforms which bring the writers and hirers together. Some of the best Freelancing sites are:
1. Upwork (My personal choice)
3. The Guru
Before you start working with any one of these sites, I would suggest you to start a free blogger of your own (at blogger of wordpress). Publish some articles on them. This is because many individuals/companies who want to hire you for content writing will ask a proof for your publications. This is just an additional asset for your profile but not a compulsion. But if you have decided to do or if you have a blog already, continue doing it and publish articles frequently. At least one article per day. You can even monetise your blog with Google Adsense after you get it's approval.
Before beginning your Freelancing job on anyone of these sites, I will underline some tips for you which will help you in success.
1. Make a decent portfolio of yourself. Explain yourself broadly about what you are good at, what articles you can write and by what time you can accomplish them. If you have any previous publication history, add links to those to your profile. Also add relevant experience if you have any. You can also add your contact information (social media profile links such as Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus) to your profile information.
2. Select a good niche in which you are affluent. You need to be more specific in the content which you are proficient. You cannot simply do any job that is required by the person who wants to hire you. These freelancing sites not only ask for writing articles alone, they will also ask for higher tasks like social media marketing, app developing, web designing and many more. Make sure you select which is suitable for you and also reflect that in your portfolio.
3. Don't work too cheap or too pricy. In these freelancing sites, you can pre determine the amount you would like to charge for an article. I would suggest you not to charge meagre amount or be too expensive. Do a research on how much you want to charge. Some clients will charge you on hourly basis as well. Make sure you are clear about your charges which will compensate your hard work and time. Your charges can be negotiated with the client. This is purely between you and your client.
4. Once your profile is ready, you must finish off the task within the time allotted to you. Your client will expect you to finish off the tasks within their required time. Make sure you do that. If you cannot finish the task after you have accepted the work from the client may affect your profile. He/She may give negative rating to your profile which will minimize your chances of getting hired by others.
5. Tune up your skills whenever you can. Do research on how to improve your writing further and further. Also improve your English/Vocabulary as much as you can. A decent article with good vocabulary has more weight. Remember the importance of quality rather than quantity.
So according to my opinion this is the basic outline to start freelancing online. Note that you will not earn huge amount of money as a beginner. You need to be very patient and dedicated. But if you start getting jobs, am sure this will get you some decent money which will definitely make you happy.
Dr. V. Shashikanth