• Category: Investments

Planning to invest in another SIP

Have a query about financial investments? Looking out for investing in mutual funds? Here, on this ask Expert page you can go through the advice provided by financial experts.

I would like to tell you about my MF portfolio. These are the following sip in which I have invested.
    1. SBI Bluechip fund - 20000 quarterly
    2. Motilal Oswal most focused multicap 35 fund - 3000 pm
    3. Mirae Asset emerging bluechip fund - 3000 pm
    4. L&t emerging businesses fund - 2500 pm
    5. Aditya Birla sun life tax relief 96 fund - 2500 pm
    6. DSP BlackRock Tax Saver Fund - 2500 pm
    7. Axis Long term equity fund - 500 pm
    8. SBI bluechip fund - 500 pm

I am 25 years old. I am willing to take high risk. I have a target of 1 crore in 12 - 13 years.
    I want to invest another 3000? per month. Also I will be increasing my sip investment every year by 10000?.
    In which mutual fund should I invest?
  • #148158

Please ask the question in 'Ask Expert' section for detailed advice from ISC experts. I will also humbly submit my comments on this issue in that section.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence

• #148213
    I have seen your portfolio. There is no doubt you are taking a very high risk. Now, the market is good, so, your portfolio is giving a good result. But considering the fact that you are going to remain invested for another 10-12 years, you have to think about the possible downward journey of the market. So, I am giving the following advice:-

(a) You must start investing in HDFC Balanced Fund or any other good Balanced Fund through SIP mode.
    (b) You must discontinue investing in L&T emerging businesses fund and proportionately increase the SIP in SBI Bluechip Fund.
    (c) After the exit load period, you must shift to the Direct mode of the schemes, discarding the Regular mode. You will get a better return to the effect of 0.25%-0.50% per annum. For a period of 10 years, this will be a considerable amount.

• #148252
    By looking at the portfolio you are maintaining, you are investing more in equity and blue chip funds.
    And also you want to invest Rs.3000/- more on Systematic Investment Plans. After seeing your present investment in mutual funds, my suggestion is, invest the amount of 3000 rupees in debt and balanced funds. Because you have already taken risk by investing more amount in equity funds and it is good also because you are only 25 years old and you can take risk at this age only. But try to invest in debt and balanced funds so that the risk will be reduced and also you will get good returns because you want to invest for 12-13 years.
    And I will suggest you to invest in Franklin Templeton fund, Religare fund because these funds performing very well in present market and so that you will get good returns over a longer period of time.