Admissions of class XI in Kendriya Vidyalayas

Planning to take admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya? Want to know when the admission process commences? Find suggestions from experts here for all your queries.

I have a question to ask to you.
    When do the admissions for class XI start in Kendriya Vidyalayas? When should I apply for the admissions in PCM category, if I am a repeater in class XI due to some serious reasons?
    When does the classes start actually, so that I can prepare the arrangements well in advance? Well, I am talking about kendriya vidyalayas in Chandigarh region.
  • #148191
    Recently the notification has come for the admissions into these schools.
    The website is as follows: www.eduvidya.com/Kendriya-Vidyalaya-Admission.
    You can go to this site and you will get the full information regarding the admissions.

• #148194

Admission to KV class XI will be as per the GCPA based merit list based on the scores of the candidate in class X. For science stream a minimum of 7.6 CGPA is needed.

The CGPA would be relaxed at the discretion of the Deputy Commissioner for a particular year, if the enrollments are lower than expected. There is no age criteria as long as the student seeks admission for Class XI in the same year as of passing Class X.

Generally an advert would be placed in the first few days of February with regards to the admission schedule and the applications would be invited. Admission for Class XI are usually done immediately ( within 20-30 days) after the results of Class X are declared.

Going by the information that is available, the announcements should be soon, I suggest you directly contact the schools that you have already narrowed down in Chandigarh for your Class XI studies.

• #148201
    In Kendriya Vidyalaya the first preference is given to their own school students who have qualified in class 10. After that other students are selected based upon the marks obtained in class 10.

One can apply online also in Kendriya Vidyalaya by logging in to the site -
    www.admission.kvs.gov.in

However as you have already sorted out the school of your choice you can go there and fill up the admission form.

Please remember that in addition to the requisite CGPA grade the student should have B1 grade separately in both Maths and Science.

• #148229
    First of all, Kendriya Vidyalayas will give admission in class 11 for the students who have passed their 10 th standard from KVs only. And if seats remain vacant after the admissions, they will give seats to other students based on marks or CGPA obtained in 10 th class.
    Admission in different streams like science, humanities and Commerce of class 11 in Kendriya Vidyalayas will be based on CGPA scored in 10 th class as :
    * For science stream : minimum 7.6 CGPA
    * For commerce stream : minimum 6.4 CGPA
    * For humanities stream : pass in 10 th standard.
    As you want to join in PCM group, you must have scored 7.6 CGPA in your 10 th class to get seat in Kendriya vidyalayas.
    However, there are instances of lower enrolments especially in those areas located remotely, Deputy Commissioner may use his or her discretion to lower the eligibility to the extent of :
    * For science stream : minimum 6.4 CGPA
    * For commerce stream : minimum 6 CGPA
    * For humanities stream : pass in all subjects in 10th standard.

• #148230
    Hello sir,
    I passed my class 10 being a topper with pure 10 CGPA, and I am gonna repeat 11 again due to some very serious issues as I already told. So what are my chances of admissions?
    Above than that my dad is in defence.

• #148296

Kendriya Vidyalaya is a very nice decision. Every children wants to take an admission in the KV, Its like a dream for them. As kendriya Vidyalaya is a government school. Not every children can take admission in the KV school. There are some rules and priorities of the school for admission purpose. If father or any family member having job in government sector then student can take admission. I'm not sure about this rule is applicable or not in every state of KVs. The marks you gained in class 10th are also considered to get admission in class 11th. The application forms will be available from march, 2018 and the results for an admission will be declared in the month of july. Streams are science, commerce and humanities. Required CGPA for science stream is 7.6(A grade), 6.4 for commerce stream. As we have to choose one optional subjects in every school and subjects are english, hindi and computer. In KVs, elective subject is IP(informatic practices) which is added to all the streams as an optional subject. Start preparation from today to pass the admission test exam. For keep updating and more details about admission visit www.kvsangathan.nic.in. All the Best!!