You have not mentioned what job at which level. It is a opened ended question, hence the list would be long
Basically you would need to substantiate what you have said in the CV that has led to the interview letter being sent to you. The documents would be checked by various administration people before and after the interview.
It is important to keep the documents in order. At times the interview panel asks for your file or specific details. For instance, if you say you were a university and state topper and the panel asks for the certificate, you can't be seen fumbling for it. Keep it simple and easily indexed in chronological order.
1. Basic Identity proof documents: to verify that you are who you say you are.(PAN,Voter's ID, Ration card, Driving license)
2. Age proof:
3. Education proof: 12th, graduation, Post-graduation, Diplomas etc
4. Expereince proof: The places you have worked in the past, trainee, apprentice, actual job
5. Finance documents: Bank address/passbook, PAN card, old PF or salary certificate.
6. Recent photographs
7. Caste certifcate
8. Extra-curricular events: certificates related to sports, medals, college honors.
9. Research: research related papers and publications
10. Presentations at conferences or meetings that are relevant.
11. Of course the interview letter.
Each company/firm would have a slightly different approach. You can call the HR team as introduce yourself, the interview date and ask them are there any specific documents you need to carry?