• Category: Finance and Banking Jobs

Account course for BE engineering graduate

Planning to change from engineering to accounting domain? Wondering which accounts course to opt for? No worries, find suggestions from experts on this page.

I am a BE computer science graduate. I want to change my career from Computer science to Accounts. So,I want to pursue account course. Can a BE Engineering graduate do accounts related course? If yes, what is the procedure? Where can I learn the account course?
  • #148781
    There are many software development courses for developing accounting packages to various companies to maintain their account and records. ERP systems, SAP and Tally course etc. If you learn these courses you will get many chances to join a company in its accounts department. These days all most all the companies are shifting to computer systems to maintain their accounts rather than having a better accountancy practice. There the mentioned skills are very useful to have a more transparent accountancy method. So basically you are a graduate in computers you will not have any problem in acquiring these certificate courses and then finding a job in the accounts department. If you have a long-term plan and if you want to go into core accountancy job you better start planning for CA or ICWA. If you contact any known auditor he will advise with all the details about these two courses and you can choose the best one as per your idea. All the best to you.

• #148797
    You can pursue MBA or BBA in Finance and Accounts after finishing your Graduation. This will shift your career from computers to accounts. You can also consider doing some certified courses such as SAP - FICO, Tally etc. Though these are short-term certified courses, these certificates will give an additional weight to your existing degree. Doing a certified course will not entirely change your career. So, I would suggest you to do a full time post graduate course (or another graduate) in accounting. Then do a certification course as I mentioned above. You can also consider doing Chartered Accountant (CA) course for a better profession and career.
    Thank You
    Dr. V. Shashikanth

• #148807
    Why to change your computer stream when there are plenty of oppurtunities to learn the accountancy by undertaking SAP and Oracle. These two modules would give you better insight in respect of accountancy. You can have these certifications through APTECH or NIIT offering you specialised course in the domain of accountancy.
    Then you have to insert these modules in your resume in such a way that it should appear attractive before the eyes of recruiters. Now a days, there has been proper amalgamation of the computer with the accountancy so as to get the utmost benifits of the two and such implementation has resulted in saving of the time while comparing the the operation of yesteryears when accountancy was not synthesised.
    You need to change your perspectives and update your accountancy - skill while retaining your former skill.

• #148923
    There is nothing unusual today for going for an accountancy or finance career after doing an engineering degree. Nowadays many people are going for a 1-year diploma in financial accounting and payroll services which prepares them for taking up jobs in financial and accounts offices of any company as banking, taxation, payroll and financial record keeping are almost similar at all the places. For a person having computer awareness using these software modules is very easy and convenient.

So I will suggest you look for such a diploma from some good institution and if you have an aptitude for this line there is no reason why you can not have a good career in this field.

• #148924
    What is the age criteria to learn diploma in financial accounting course?