Admission of a repeater in Class XI in Kendriya Vidyalaya

Wondering whether a repeater can join Kendriya School? Looking out for advice on how to get admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya? Find suggestions from experts on this page.

I am 15 years old studying in class 11 with PCM in Kerala in a Central government school. I obtained 10 CGPA in CBSE Class X Boards 2017 from one private school in Visakhapatnam.
    I am from a Defense background (Paramilitary). My father was transferred to a remote place in Kerala where there were no facilities for us, therefore had to take admission in one of the nearby schools The teachers taught in Malayalam and I didn't understand anything. I was then transferred to Trivandrum city and I got admission in one of the schools run by ISRO but the condition was the same i.e. Malayalam and I don't have any idea about what I have studied till now. My concepts are extremely weak. I cannot study in this state because there are no good tuitions nearby and have Malayalam as main language.
    I am very tensed and I am deciding to repeat my class 11 from a Kendriya Vidyalaya in Chandigarh. Can you tell me what to do and how can I get admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya?
  • #148931
    The reason you have posted does not appear to be very reasonable. There are several ways to tackle such problems. You may see some of my suggestions as listed below-
    1) Staight - way, you may have talk with the Principal of the school indicating your constraints. Better, take your father along with you so that in the event of any query, it may be clarified from his end. Such talks are always fruitful. May be the Principal would have separate meetings with the teachers of different subjects chosen by you for class eleven syllabus.
    2) Go through the syllabus of class eleven prescribed for CBSE to be taught in class eleven. In that way, you may establish some idea for the further proceedings of your studies.
    3) These days there are plenty of help books available in the market and written in English and having gone through such books, you can nurture your basics in different subjects. To make the points more clear, you may go through the book of Sri R.D.Sharma in Mathematics and the book written by Sri H. C. Verma as concept of Physics is quite lucid and easy to comprehend.
    4) You may look out some teaches in your area offering tuition in different subjects which you have opted for class eleven. They would resolve your doubts.

• #148934
    If language is the only reason of your fear and not the syllabus then you can manage by home studies and tutorials also or switch to a college there where medium is English.

If nothing works there and you want to go to Chandigarh for your XI then the problem will be admission as first the Kendriya Vidyalaya there will be taking or absorbing their own candidates before considering outsiders.

Still you can apply there with your details and try to get admission in some good college there.

You can do one thing that you can apply online also through KVS site. The link is -
    http://admission.kvs.gov.in/OLAKVS/olaStaticGroupHomePageAction.action

• #148940
    If you are worried about the language subject, what I suggest is try to get some tuition outside and learn the language. These days year to year competition is increasing and a year lost is lost. You will unnecessarily lose a valuable year. So please take some pains and complete the subject. These days learning a new language is not that difficult. Generally, the languages if just get the pass marks also it is ok. So don't think of unnecessarily doing again class XI. You can just try to make an attempt by consulting the principal regarding your problem so that he may consider helping you to provide an alternative solution.
    Still if you feel that you should repeat, the admission procedure will be same like for any mew student into a new school in a new classs.