• Category: Security

My sisters WhatsApp status profile picture is what we chatted

Have a query about whatsapp profile picture? Upset about how the chat can become a profile picture? Find ample advice from experts on this page.

I messaged my sister but to my surprise those messages in the way of a screen shot has become her status in profile photo. This was read by many and was really an embarrassment. How this could have happened? It is a serious privacy issue.
  • #148926

Your sister might have taken the screenshot of your chats and posted the same as Profile Picture.You can ask her to remove it and change her DP

• #148927
    It generally not happens automatically. Your sister or any other members have taken the screenshot and has made it profile picture of WhatsApp. There is no any setting in WhatsApp to set an image as profile picture automatically. Ask your sister to change profile picture as soon as possible.

• #148930
    First things first, you can delete it immediately if your sister is with you now or ask her to change the picture.

These days, many people ( family members or friends) know the password or lock pattern that is set on the mobile. So, someone known to your sister or someone who can access her phone physically should have done.

Check whether a child or an elder who is not familiar with the content have tried and changed the DP picture themselves

It is uncommon but a possibility that people while changing the DP picture upload something else by mistake. Check with your sister.

It may be for fun by someone to pull a joke on you or intentionally embrass you both.

• #148932
    Thanks for the response but she didn't do anything she was driving when I messaged her by the time she reached home she started getting calls from others bout it that's when she knew ! also she doesn't use any status or have a habit of changing profile picture often . Of course it's deleted immediately but the damage is done !

• #148933
    If you and your sister are so confident about no mischief being done by the people around you, I would suggest that you report the matter to WhatsApp. It is quite possible that it could also be a bug specific to the device. I tried to google if anyone else has reported similar matter but could find none.

But do ensure that the mischief was not done by people around you!

• #148935
    WhatsApp is a free and easily approachable place in the net and there is always a possibility of a bug or coockie reaching a mobile handset to create such mischief.

Your sister should immediately report it to WhatsApp so that they can search the possible cause from their side.

Ask her to do it again with some unimportant text and if it repeats then certainly some malicious software program is implanted there in her mobile.

If it is not due to own fault please populate this query in other popular forum sites also which may accelerate the process of resolution and you may get some speedy answer or solution.

• #148941
    There is no way that automatically some post in the whatApp will get into status. There are only two ways.
    1. Without knowing while accidentally she might have posted the chat as status photo. Because while driving she saw you message. These days touch screen mobiles are giving such problem. Sometimes without our knowledge some calls will go because of pressing some buttons unknowingly. This may be an accidental one. Just immediately ask her to remove that status.
    Another reason may be a malfunction of certain software pertaining to her mobile. Let her show the mobile to the supplier and let her confirm that the system is not mal functioning. Once it is also confirmed that there is no problem in the system. It will be the unknowingly something has been done by her.
    If you still feel that there is no accidental pressing or related issues inform the same to WharsApp for checking from their side.

• #148944
    The problem with whatsapp is- a whatsapp camera necessary means your gallery.
    And your gallery, if not chosen otherwise, saves stuff according to date and time.

Taking a screenshot in a smart phone is an easy but a tricky manuever. You cannot even take it with one hand. You definitely need two hands for precision (avoiding hitting other buttons). In Samsung phones for example, you take a screenshot using both power button and home button.
    I need to catch my phone with my left and do the manuever with right.
    In phones like Redmi, mostly there's a screenshot tab giving on the "slide bar".
    In most Android phones it is using lower volume and power buttons.
    You might have understood by now that accidental screenshots are a rarity.
    But if you somehow accept that the screenshot was accidental, it ended up the first in her gallery.
    After a time, she might have thought of changing her dp, which according to you didn't go well for you.
    We can only guess that she blindly tapped the first pic,I.e..; the screenshot , and ended up as a dp (profile picture).

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.