What is the difference between buying a domain with www and without www?

Planning to buy a domain? confused between choosing www or without it? Here, on this page scroll through the responses from experts for your queries.

I am about to buy a domain but am confused about the type of website that the company is offering.

When I check for availability, for example:
    MYSITENAME.com - It shows available but when I check for www.MYSITENAME.com it says it is unavailable. What is the difference between both variants? Should I buy a domain with WWW or without WWW?

How does this affect my site's ranking? Please suggest which is better for future purposes, with or without.
  • #149153
    For a small business owner or an average user, there is no much difference between www vs non-www. It is only the interest of the individual.
    There is a technical difference between the two but for most people, it shouldn't make any difference.
    When www. is added in front of a site, it acts as a hostname which can provide with flexibility with DNS and an ability to restrict cookies while using multiple subdomains. A non-WWW domain referred as naked domains do not have a technical advantage.

• #151505
    WWW is free. When a person buys a domain name example "John Theo sang" then the prefix WWW will be given free to you. However, the type of top level or low levels extension you choose does effects a a lot.

The .com .in .co.uk etc are top level domain names. Google also index top level domains names easily in search results, and other search engines once you set up the websites.

Go for top levels domain names.

Hackers never learns but always wins!